WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

We want to pay employee school--how should we?

dustinpdustinp subscriber Posts: 2
As a benefit to our employees, I`d like to pay their college or other types of additional education. How to go about that is the question.My thoughts are that we would do something like:Up to $1200 per semester100% for 3.8 or better75% for 3.5 or better50% for 3.0 or better25% for 2.5 or betterPaid as a reimbursement at the end of each semesterWhat works for you? What are your thoughts on this? Do employees appreciate this? Good or bad side-effects?We only have two employees and both are in college. We will potentially hire a third (working on his Masters). So this could affect three employees total within the next few weeks. 

Comments

• Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    This is very unusal for any small business based on my experiences. I commend you for offering this incentive. I think your $1200 per semester is a nice sum. I know some larger companies that pay more, but for a small business, this is excellent. And I imagine you picked the $1200 figured based on what you can afford at this time.
    The one thing I would suggest is to eliminate the 2.5 grade incentive level. Personally, if they can`t reach a 3.0, no reimbursement. If you set a low mark to hit, someone will hit it. Set the benchmark high - it is a reflection on you and your company and the employees will know you expect the best out of them and will want to continue working with you and other quality employees.
    R@keycon2006-11-18 20:25:43