WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Soliciting sponsorships

BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5
edited October 2006 in Startup Funding
I am interested in how to go about soliciting sponsorship for some events I plan to do for pregnant women.  They are wellness education events featuring seminars, and pampering sessions.   I am also working on an online radio station that promotes African music. 
1. How would we go about getting sponsorship for that?
2. Where can we get more information about companies that we should target (not articulating this very well, but hope you get the gist of it).

Comments

• BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5
    Think you might benefit from visiting this site and copying some or all of their methods. As for the netradio venture, I would guess that must be a grass roots effort, introduce a friend to it, get him to introduce it to another.

Thank you for the site.  The radio is on iTunes so we are ramping up to get sponsorship from international companies like Western Union, FedEx, DHL, etc.  Taking the advice of someone on another topic (can`t remember who) and thinking BIG!
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34

1. How would we go about getting sponsorship for that?
    2. Where can we get more information about companies that we should target (not articulating this very well, but hope you get the gist of it).
    1. Remember this always: "Ask ... and ask first." Believe or not, most people never ask. Tell your story and ask for the order. Most times, you`ll get it. Pretty girls will tell you they never get asked out. Go figure.
    2. I believe if you sit down, in a quiet place, put your thinking cap on, you probably know better than anyone as to the companies that should be targeted. Grab your pen and pencil, find a quiet place to ponder, and I bet you come out with a list taller than you are.
    Do it.
    R@
  • BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5
    Thank you all.  This has been helpful.  SUN is truly a great place to learn from others. 
    Keycon, I am asking, asking, asking   Thank youl.
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member

Thank you all.  This has been helpful.  SUN is truly a great place to learn from others. 
    Keycon, I am asking, asking, asking   Thank youl.

I agree that you have to ask. However, I suggest putting the requestin a form that is easier for them to support. By that I mean, tell them "what`s in it for them" - if they become a sponsor  And phrase it in their words/ terms.
    All the best,
    Robert Johnson

• SeminalConceptsSeminalConcepts subscriber Posts: 2
    You may wish to check into:
    www.sponsorwise.com</A> a portal where you can present to companies for a fee.
    www.sponsorship.com</A> ask for free trial of their newsletter and visit their forum...
    www.SylviaAllen.com</A> sponsorship consultant, Great Great Lady!
    www.festivals.com</A> may be of interest, they have a sponsorship section or program type of thing...
    www.ifea.com</A> or .org they are the major Festival association and have materials on sponsorship....
    Google sponsorship agencies, you may find a firm who can relate to your target market and thus provide services pro bono
    Best of Luck!
    SeminalConcepts