WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Virtual Assistant Website

virtualevvievirtualevvie subscriber Posts: 1
Hi everyone
I`ve been reading the forum for a little while now and believe all of you good people know what you`re talking about. I love to have your opinion on my new website https://www.virtuallyfriday.com</A>.  I am new at website building (basically the whole internet marketing thing!)
I`d appreciate your feedback and advice. Thank you so much.

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Evvie,
    I sent you a personal email with some comments. Was a bit lengthy.
    Take care - R@
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Virtual,I took a look at your web site, and the first thing that I have to give you advise on is get rid of the SSL. What I want to ask you is: Why are you securing your web site with an SSL certificate? I don`t see that you are doing transactions or that you are collecting valuable information. Secondly, you don`t need to secure all your pages, the only pages you would want to secure are your forms, and credit card processor. From what I see, you have your image folder out of your root folder. What I am trying to say is; if you are going to use this approach and secure the whole web site at the top level..meaning secure all your directories because you didn`t secure the image folder and its annoying to see the prompt tell me "This web site contains secure and unsecure items" every time I go to different pages. If you are going to secure it make sure you include the images in the directory too.. If you need help send me an email and I will explain to you in detail.. Have a good day.
    I don`t see one on your web site, so its pointless to https:// the whole web site.
  • virtualevvievirtualevvie subscriber Posts: 1
    Keycon and Nuevolution, thank you both for your input.  I think your insights are right on.  I made the suggested changes this morning.  The SSL is gone, it was a real pain. Changed the font and colors too. Rewrote the pricing details.  Thanks for the help, it means a lot to have such great advice.  You guys are the best!
    "Winners never quit"
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Evvie,
    I know Nuevolution has helped a lot of people here - seems to have a lot of great advice related to website design and functionality. Probably good to stay in touch with him as you fine-tune your site.
    R@