WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Health Insurance for the Entrepreneur

forgueamforgueam subscriber Posts: 2
I have several opportunities available to me right now that would allow me to start and run my own company. However, everytime I sit down and evaluate each option, I ultimately end up being discouraged by my health insurance issues.I could always get an individual insurance plan, but for what my wife and I need, it would cost us a minimum of $700/month. I am curious to find out how other entrepreneurs have handled the health insurance issue.What other options do I have?Are there any companies out there that offer really good plans for start-ups?How do you handle your health insurance?Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!Aaron

Comments

• Options
    RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    christopher,
    great stuff! when can we get an article from you to put in the StartupNation newsletter on this topic?
    rich
  • Options
    GOnSRFNGOnSRFN subscriber Posts: 0
    Good question and great replies.

Just wanted to say thanks because I went on after reading the
    posts to www.ehealthinsurance.com and found several quotes
    that are 2-3 times less a month than my current carrier! This
    means more money I can spend starting my biz!
  • Options
    forgueamforgueam subscriber Posts: 2
    Good question and great replies.

Just wanted to say thanks because I went on after reading the
    posts to www.ehealthinsurance.com and found several quotes
    that are 2-3 times less a month than my current carrier! This
    means more money I can spend starting my biz!Glad I could help!These really are some great replies with some great information. The insurance issue has been a really big sticking point with me, but now I think I have a lot more information to work with.
  • Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Mentioned above was about joining a trade association. Good idea. One to check out is the NFIB - National Federation of Independent Businesses - www.nfib.com</A> - they offer group plans because they have a lot of members. Good organization to belong, too, anyway. Worth looking into. Good resource for small business (no offense, SuN - I like this place, too)
    Plus, congress is close to passing a law to make it easier for companies to band together and be able to get group rates like big companies. Keep an eye on this legislation - it is important to small businesses all across America.
    R@