WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Google Analytics Tool

tomasztomasz subscriber Posts: 14
I have just received an invitation to Google Analytics Feature for one of my clients for whom I maintain computers in the office as well as the website. I would like to know if anyone has some pointers and suggestions on utilizing this new Analytic Tool.All help is greatly appreciated.
tomasz2006-4-4 22:12:58

Comments

• Options
    ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Tomasz - I`ve had experience using the Urchin system pre- and post- Google acquisition, there`s not a lot of difference (which was ultimately the point).  You`ll get what`s close to an enterprise-level analytics package at no cost, which is certainly hard to beat.The one caveat is that you`ve married your site data analysis to a potential advertising partner...there`s always going to be a bit of a fox in the henhouse issue with that.  Google`s business rests on providing the best possible advertising results for their clients, particularly when compared with competitive services - so if you`re getting your ad traffic and your site traffic analysis from the same place, the possibility exists for a conflict of interest.That being said, it`s a good all-purpose solution, particularly if you don`t have concerns about that area of site traffic.
  • Options
    kfckfc subscriber Posts: 0
    We use G/A for all of our clients. It`s very useful.  There is a lot of great data available and its free.  I like the marketing and content reports the best.