WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Desperate To Find Clients. PLEASE HELP!

luvmusik00luvmusik00 subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2008 in Marketing
I am a new VA and desperate to find clients. Marketing is my weakest skill and have no idea what more I can do to find them. I have a website, SEO, a blog, and part of several networks.
I`m running out of time to afford continuing on this path. I actually have about 10 days to get contracts and get some money flowing before I have to close the doors. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Juliaann108Juliaann108 subscriber Posts: 3
    Hi Laura,

Have you checked out http://www.virtualassistantforums.com/ ?  It`s a great VA forum, so between that and SuN, you`ll likely get a boat load of feedback.  Best of luck to you!

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

I am a new VA and desperate to find clients. Marketing is my weakest skill and have no idea what more I can do to find them. I have a website, SEO, a blog, and part of several networks.I`m running out of time to afford continuing on this path. I actually have about 10 days to get contracts and get some money flowing before I have to close the doors. PLEASE HELP!    Laura, how did you get to the point of desperation? How long have you been in business, and what have you done to promote yourself? I can tell you one thing. If your entire business life is dependent on the next 10 days, without any marketing knowledge, you`re probably not going to make it. I suggest you pick up the telephone and start calling local businesses in your area. Unfortunately, I don`t have any 10 day miracle advice I can give you. Best of luck to you! Dale KingDaleKing6/15/2008 10:39 PM
  • luvmusik00luvmusik00 subscriber Posts: 1
    I`ve been working as a VA since November. And although I`ve had contracts each month, it`s been just enough to make ends meet. This month, two of my bigger contracts finished, and they are not renewing at this time. Probably will in a couple months again when preparing for other events, but I need to find some additional work to cover expenses until then, and to continue so things are a little easier.

I am checking out the Virtual Assistant Forums right now and have a list of calls to make right away in the morning.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    laura,

can you please send me a private message with your telephone contact info. this morning, ideally. just click on my linked name in this post and you`ll see on the left where you can send me a message.

i have an idea about how StartupNation could help get the word out - using our radio show that airs in over 70 markets.

rich

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the feedback Gary. I am working on redesigning my website since I`m not fond of the layout and everything. The time you spent on my site and giving me your feedback is priceless.

I`ve got the format and design down so it`s just plugging information now, and it will be a lot easier to do with some great feedback. Thank you again.
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Rich,

That was very nice of you. Good for you. I hope that Laura will have great success!

Erin
    Hey Everyone, Sorry it has taken so long to reply back about how things are going. Business has taken off. I spent some time redesigning my website to make it simpler with less jargon and spent a lot of time networking and finding contracts.

Thank you so much for all the help and support. Things are great and I think the extra push you all gave me helped get me through.

I`m still planning on completely redesigning my website, but that`s taking some time, but watch for that soon. I`ll be looking for everyone`s input on that too.

Thanks again! Because of your help, I`m still here!!

Laura A. Lee

www.VASupports.com
  • katscoolcorner1katscoolcorner1 subscriber Posts: 0
    from R U New To Business

I agree with Colchester your site is busy. 

I like bullets 
    I can do
    this
    this
    this
    for you
    FAST

Pricing. And how to start.

Also I agree with Donna.  Get on the phone and call and ask for some business.

Another suggestion follow news stories or PR of established business owners, professionals and CEO`s.  Usually company information is listed. 

You can call that person, and say Mr. So and so, I saw your name and picture in the Daily News I see that you are traveling a lot.  When you are on the road, do you ever have need for something to be quickly updated or edited?  Do you ever have need of some quick information to be typed, and order, and processed for you?

If you are in need of these services while you are traveling Sir or Maam, please keep my information on file so that you may contact me for fast service and attention to details.

Or go to the area hotels and make yourself known to the concierge, and the reservation manager.  Leave some rolodex cards with the title
    BUSINESS SERVICES.  Your phone and contact information below.
  • JippidyJippidy subscriber Posts: 0
    Try advertising yourself for free on Jippidy.com. I`m not sure how much it can help, but it definitely can`t hurt.
    JK
    Jippidy.com - Video Yellow Pages