WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Would the lotto change everything?

KathleenKathleen subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2007 in Startup Funding
If you won the lotto - or had cash fall out of the sky from whatever source - would that change your entrepreneurial dream?  Would you do something completely different from the path you`re on now, or would you still have the same dream only perhaps with modifications?

Comments

• kbphotokbphoto subscriber Posts: 0
    Kathleen,
    Very intriguing question. Coincidentally, that is exactly the question I asked myself before I, at long last, embarked on my plan to open my own photography business. I was at the proverbial crossroads in my life (the kids are all but grown up, so mom needs to reassert her own identity) and wanted to make sure I pursued something meaningful and befitting my character. After many unsatisfactory years spent in the business and legal world, I finally realized that if I had all the money in the world I would travel, take photographs and write.
    And, voila`, that`s what I am doing. Of course, I don`t get to travel as much as I would like to just yet. My kids are still in school, and my husband works 10+ hours days. But, we do travel whenever possible, and I am knee deep in photography and writing - just the way I like it!
    -Kim
  • KathleenKathleen subscriber Posts: 1
    I worked for a small restaurant chain years ago and there was a guy who owned a small dairy who delivered the milk each week.  He won the lottery, and we expected to never see him again, but there he was the next week, delivering the milk.  I don`t know what changes he made in other aspects of his life, but business carried on as usual.  I always thought that was interesting - he clearly didn`t go crazy with the money.
  • KathleenKathleen subscriber Posts: 1
    Maybe even start a cereal by that name.
    What do you think? Sugar coated shapes of ammo with marshmallow hand grenades?LOL!  I have a friend who has a Persian rug that most people don`t give a second thought to - it just registers as an oriental carpet and they don`t stop to contemplate the shapes in it.  But it`s actually made up of tanks and missiles and the like...  (He`s in the aerospace industry and picked it up somewhere along the line).  So I`ll believe shapes of ammo...