WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Contents important for SEO

addyj672addyj672 subscriber Posts: 8
Don't make the mistake of stealing the content from other websites, it's not ethical. Copying content that belongs to someone else won't take you anywhere. Nobody may notice that your site is using plagiarized content at first, but eventually people will find out.

And the biggest downside to it is that the search engines have gone smart and they know the difference between original content and the duplicate one. Your site will get stuck in the duplicate content filter, which will eventually affect your ranking. This is why it's important to use content that both visitors and the search engines will like.

Comments

• nancyviliumsnancyviliums subscriber Posts: 0
    Content plays a big role in SEO as well to get the traffic to the website.To get the pagerank and traffic content should be changed periodically.
  • addyj672addyj672 subscriber Posts: 8
    The excellence of your content may lead your site to "forwarding links" from other resource sites. This will also grab people's attention and eventually bring them back again or share your site to others.
  • BhardwajBhardwaj subscriber Posts: 0
    Content is very important in SEO.it must be unique and always related to our website.it must never be copied from any other place.
  • SusanJoySusanJoy subscriber Posts: 0
    Content is considered as KING for seo. Website content has to be compelling with addition of apt keywords and written in an attractive and professional manner.To keep the quality of search results high, Google prefers older and high quality content which has enough link strength to prove its credibility.
  • SmartCompSoftSmartCompSoft subscriber Posts: 0
    You can do a lot of work and get some good results in Google, then you can mess it up by doing something like duplicate content. Learn from the pros, see what they do and try to emulate (not copy).
  • myseolinkwheelmyseolinkwheel subscriber Posts: 0
    What I can't figure out is why these people don't even bother changing the copied content a little to make it not look so obvious that it was plagiarized.
    It can be frustrating, but thank God there's Panda that it can weed out those low quality sites that copy content from others, and I'm pretty sure that they will disappear from the face of the search results page soon enough as Panda runs every month.
    So as long as you keep creating unique content, you can worry less about those plagiarizers
  • emma123emma123 subscriber Posts: 0
    I totally agree with you addyj672. Content is the king. Posting original, authentic and informative content in your website can help your website to get a higher ranking in search engine results. Further, copying content from other websites is totally unethical. It may also cause legal hassles.
  • habiyahabiya subscriber Posts: 0
    Absolutely unique content is essential for promoting any site. So we should give up copy from others as if we can run so long.
  • MalrgafMalrgaf subscriber Posts: 0
    You can always rewrite and summarize other content, and cite your sources, as a way of getting additional content onto your page. If you plagiarize, then not only will it not help you in the search rankings, but everyone will know that you are unethical. Don't be afraid to use content from other sites, just use it professionally.
  • BoetqojuBoetqoju subscriber Posts: 0
    This is why auto blogs are lame and uselss and why google frowns on them because the content that is being scraped to slap on those blogs are not up to par on the quality. Sure some will see success with it but what they do not realize is even automative they are still doing 3 times the work needed.
    Not sure about others but I build a business for long term and long term is what I do all my marketing on. I could care less about making a quick buck like many marketers seem to want to do. I think it is better that my business is still paying the bills after 10 years.
  • perfectionnkperfectionnk subscriber Posts: 0
    I too agree search engine algorithms are designed in such a way which can easily determine the duplicity in content. If search engine smells something fishy then it will take action against that website. It can ban website or remove it from the database. Therefore, one should always use unique content in order to build successful website.
  • Xeoxa21Xeoxa21 subscriber Posts: 0
    And the biggest downside to it is that the search engines have gone smart and they know the difference between original content and the duplicate one. Your site will get stuck in the duplicate content filter, which will eventually affect your ranking. This is why it's important to use content that both visitors and the search engines will like.
  • lockscharnclockscharnc subscriber Posts: 0
    Content plays a big role in SEO as well to get the traffic to the website.To get the pagerank and traffic content should be changed periodically.
  • SusanSmithSusanSmith subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    Google has introduced google panda to find out duplicate content. Website having duplicate content affect its page ranking. So from SEO point of view always have unique content for your website. As it is said in Unique content is a soul of SEO
  • charlottenclockscharlottenclocks subscriber Posts: 0