WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What do I do?

freightfinderfreightfinder subscriber Posts: 3
edited March 2009 in Selecting a Business
I have been torn between Freight Brokering, Freight Broker Training, and web development. I think I have decided to stick it out on the web developing side. I have had a lot of interest lately in people needing help with their websites. SEO, design, and other areas they need help in are what keep me going. The transportation business is good, but I just have lost interest in it lately.
freightfinder3/19/2009 12:08 PM

Comments

• MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    Have you thought about doing web development FOR the transportation business? Since you have a good understanding of the business, perhaps it will make it easier for you to communicate with these businesses as clients and enable you to craft your sales messages more specifically to these clients.
  • JWAllenJWAllen subscriber Posts: 0
    I would agree with Matt.  You could capture an audience and build a variety of valued services for the transportation business.  For example, if you could combine some of their web interests with some commerce oriented functionality like LTL automation, you`d be a valueable asset.
  • elisaelisa subscriber Posts: 1
    You should do what your passionate about. If you are not really passionate about the transportation business, stick to the web stuff. There are a lot of people really wanting to get a small business going right now and web based is the easiest and cheapest way for them to do that as quick as possible. So I think this may keep you pretty busy for a while. Good luck!