WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

My site - CFO to startups

ChrisBenjaminChrisBenjamin subscriber Posts: 13
edited March 2009 in Website Critique
Most people give me positive feedback about my site - simple to navigate, not lots of flash and has a real person feeling behind it. 
That said, I know it`s not completely sales directed ie. calls to action, clearly state how I can help, etc.
Any criticism appreciated.  The goal is to find clients who want me as an ongoing, contractual CFO for their first few years of operations until they grow to the point of needing a full time, in house CFO, and also primarily want to target dot.com/tech/growing industries
www.roguecfo.com

Comments

• stevewyrostekstevewyrostek subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, Chris-

I love your concept. There`s a need and I think you`ll do well.

A couple of comments on your site:

- I really like the logo
    - I like the media page
    - You may want to consider changing the font. Serif font like what you have (poor richard) works better in print than to view on a computer screen. Arial or Verdana are best for a website
    - I don`t see a lot of keyword placement
    - You may want to consider placing some of the material from the services page to the home page. It may be better for the home page to have more info since that`s what gets seen first.
    - More graphics might be good
    - Print readers read and web readers scan. With that in mind, there may be too much verbiage on the about us and the services page

On the left of the site, I see half page of the "internet stopped working page" for explorer.

Thanks

Steve Wyrostek
    No Cliche Copy- Internet Writing for Business People by Business People

www.noclichecopy.com

• mummymummy subscriber Posts: 0
    hi my name is janet i have a new store for you to check out it is called familydiscountstore.com
  • ChrisBenjaminChrisBenjamin subscriber Posts: 13
    Terrific feedback, much appreciated!  Definitely agree with all you said, sometimes just takes someone else saying it to drive it home.  Glad you liked the media page, that`s actually a new addition.  Few new podcast interviews coming online soon, just waiting for the respective podcasts to post them up so I can add links.