WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

what kind of business can i start

MYLAMYLA subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Selecting a Business
IM A MOTHER OF A 2YR OLD GIRL, IM CURENTLY WRKING AS A FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE, I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA, BUT ID REALLY LIKE TO START A HOME BASE BUSINESS, W/OUT MUCH CAPITAL, INTRESTS INCLUDE COOKING.

Comments

• kabchakabcha subscriber Posts: 0
    i know for myself going through the life planning activity,gave me a very good idea of where things are,my options, the key is being completely honest with ur self on this process,see link: good luck, smileys/smiley2.gif

http://www.startupnation.com/pages/webi ... ate-A-Life -Plan.asp
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    MYLA I have made over $30,000 online part time from opportunities I got for free..
    I can give you some ideas. It would hep me if I knew more about you.
    I usually do not respond to people in communities who have no photo or information on their profile.
  • jenqjenq subscriber Posts: 2
    That`s a fantastic idea. I know I would pay for those types of services!! I know the story of a woman who was short on cash so she went to a bunch of friends and asked if they would pay for her to cook for them. The clients chose their meals as a group, got together for dinner, enjoyed a delicious home cooked meal as well as the good company. The woman was able to not only make money, but had leftovers to eat afterwards.
  • JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Rexie,

I have been trying to find an on-line opportunity. i would like to just supplement my income a bit. But found nothing legit.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

jack
  • PittsburghPresencePittsburghPresence subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Myla,
    I am new to the forum but have been watching your thread closely
    because I would like to be a stay at home mom when I have children. So I
    have been looking for a home based business opp as well. I think I may
    be onto something here though, internet affiliate marketing. Maybe you
    should look into that. You obviously have a computer, and know how to
    use it. There are lots of resources out there on how to find your product,
    build a small website, get hosting, and market your site. Just do a google
    search on affiliate programs.
    Hope this helps.

April M.
    www.PittsburghPresence.com
  • davecarterdavecarter subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Myla,Starting a business is not as complicated as it seems. In fact, all you really need to get started is a positive attitude,and the desire to be self employed! The supply of something that`s in demand, and money. For now let`s focus on the second component of having a business, whats in demand?There is a continual need for nurses in this country as evident should you come accross the healthcare clasiffied sections of your local newspaper. And this will continue to grow as the aging population continues to increase. neddless to say, the medical field is a one. Therefore, careers related to the field are sure to be worthwhile.So what do nurses have to do with starting a business? As described above, nurses are in demand. he need for their skills is increasing, but the supply of nurses seems to be decreasing. As a result of this dilemma, companies are trying their best to seek out nurses, offering various incentives to attract employees. starting a nursing agency would put you in demand. Why? Because you have what the companies need.The NEW 2006 Professional E-Book / Book Edition of "How to Start Your Own Nursing Agency" covers all 50 states and is jam packed with new additional products and services, making it the most comprehensive guide offered on the internet today! A fast track to your own Nursing Agency, Nurse Registry, Nurse Staffing Agency or Becoming an Independent Nurse Contractor.More info at: http://www.nursingagencystartup.com
  • rachelgrachelg subscriber Posts: 0
    MYLA-
    I am super late on this post, but a very dear friend of mine has her own business she runs out of her home. She LOVES to cook so what she started doing was offering gourmet meals- she now takes care of quite a few clients who love having her cook when they have company coming over. The senior living center also has her cater to them once a month. If you live near a retirement village or community- it`s a perfect opportunity for you. She now offers women cooking classes she runs out of her kitchen. There`s always something you can do with food Everyone loves to eat.
    She also has had a few of her products that have been sold through organic markets and food stores, it takes a lot of work for that, but it is an idea

Rach
  • stallworthstallworth subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Pittsburgh Presence,
    i was reading through this post and noticed your endorsement of internet affiliate marketing. When i first heard about this a year ago, i thought of it as MLM which i consider a crock of .... However, i became interested in pursuing this since listening to a podcast from stevepavlina.com who also advocates this method as a income-generator. can you tell me how it has profitted you and some good resources to look at?
    thanks

• qwerty100qwerty100 subscriber Posts: 0
    If you are interested in MLM type opportunities, you might look at something like Pampered Chef. It combines well with your interests and I`ve had some friends that did fairly well with it.The medical transcriptionist is a pretty good idea.  I used to work in the IT department at a hospital and we had quite a few people who did transcription from home so they could be with their kids.You might look at trying to get some contracts creating meals for local small businesses one day a month or one day a week.  The businesses could offer it as a perk to their employees or might even be able to take orders.  I used to attend a very very small school.  On Monday a menu would go home with each child and the parents could order a hot meal for Wednesday.  A local business provided the meals and would deliver them a little before noon on Wednesday.
    If you`re looking for a means to generate more income (who isn`t ), you may want to research how to generate more money with your money. Being in the financial field, you`d be a quick study. My husband and I are now at a point where we`re both home and just managing our money. It may be a nice option for you too. Good luck with your search
    Jen
    are you refering to the usual suspects (cds, money mkt funds, stocks, etc)?
    No way.  I don`t like to throw my money away. I`m talking double digit monthly returns, compound interest, pre-IPO`s, accredited investing...... I can direct you to info that may pleasantly enlighten you.
    By all means, please direct me to the source.
  • RSchlieperRSchlieper subscriber Posts: 0

Hi Pittsburgh Presence,
    i was reading through this post and noticed your endorsement of internet affiliate marketing. When i first heard about this a year ago, i thought of it as MLM which i consider a crock of .... However, i became interested in pursuing this since listening to a podcast from stevepavlina.com who also advocates this method as a income-generator. can you tell me how it has profitted you and some good resources to look at?
    thanks

Stallworth, if you want to check out what I`m doing/succeeding in click on the link in my SIG file below.  It`s free to sign on and get access to our Success Guide that will teach you how to start making money (without spending it) and is easy to get started.  It`s not MLM but a Funded Sponsoring Franchise system that works.
    Good luck with whatever you do.
    Ron
  • mybizmybiz subscriber Posts: 4
    one of the easiest ways to start earning income is to join  The Internet Marketing Center`s top rated Affiliate Program .. 100% free to join go to... http://www.marketingtips.com/sr/t.x/894520</A>