WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Consulting Business Partner Wanted!

JoshMeJoshMe subscriber Posts: 1
Hi All,

I`m a newcomer here. I hope this is the right place to post.  ohh..Happy Valentine`s Day!

First of all, a brief bio: I just finished my MBA program at the U of Illinois, Chicago. Prior to B-school, I held a bachelor`s degree in EE, and spent 5+ years in high tech industry, a combination of R&D, project management and business development activities. My last job was project manager with Panasonic semiconductor.

What I intend to do is, to create a business consulting company specializing in serving the segment of US and Chinese small/medium sized businesses by integrating resources on both sides. e.g. a US entrepreneur might look to outsource operations into China for cost reduction purposes, or seek to enter China to reach a MUCH larger consumer base, or simply seek for trade opportunities to diversify their product portfolio...etc;  Similiarly, a Chinese business owner usually wants to establish a US presence for market opportunities or pure image-building purposes... etc.  That is where we come in, facilitating the process as a one-stop solution-provider, in terms of general consulting, business registeration/formation, legal &regulatory issues, staffing and localization, whatever else could be involved.

This is only the basic idea. Our defferentiation will lie in the targeting part - Small/Medium sized businesses and service mix - an all-inclusive solution, and will stay focused on that niche.  I`m pertty well-connected in Northern China, so to get the startup running I`m really looking for 1 or 2 seasoned US individuals to cope with the day-to-day operations in US. The ideal person deson`t need to have much funding, as this will be a very cost-effective venture, (of course I have no problem with $..will come in handy later.) , rather he/she is expected to have ample epeprience and resources in local small business community.  For the begining, this can be considered as a parttime commitment on an ad hoc basis,  and moreover, I hate to be pessimistic, a gain-or-nothing opportunity. I can also deal with activities on US side, problem is if I go back now, I may have trouble travelling back and forth betweeen the 2 countries.  So, need a local partner anyway.

Seems like I`m overwriting already. Let`s talk in private if you share the same  interest and vision.  You can contact me at yzhao22@uic.edu . (No headhunters plz! A corporate position is the last thing on my mind for now!)

Kind regards,
Josh

JoshMe2/15/2008 1:14 AM

Comments