WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Fully integrated small business management suite? Anyone?

YourSourceProYourSourcePro subscriber Posts: 4
We`re looking for a web-based application suite that will enable us to not only track sales & marketing, but also to handle the back-end data flow as well.  In a perfect world, there would be this nice little suite that does order tracking, purchasing, and client management and can be accessed by a remote sales force.  Does anyone know if this perfect world exists?  If so, can you guide me there?
Thanks!

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Of course its out there..Please visit peoplesoft`s web site...
    They have what you are looking for..
  • DavidDavid subscriber Posts: 3
    The good news is that a lot of the top software firms like Oracle, Microsoft, SAP, and others are finally developing and pricing applications for the small business.  Microsoft, for example, designed Small Business Financials and Retail Management for this role.  You can check out the 60 Day Free Trial for Small Business Financials that they offer.  The integration with Small Business Accounting, Office, and Outlook is also pretty decent, for once.
  • pixeltorchpixeltorch subscriber Posts: 0
    Check out Office Live. It`s currently beta and free to sign up. I believe the link is officelive.com. (Click the ad on the left of this forum)
  • calvinjrcalvinjr subscriber Posts: 3
    I use www.basecamphq.com, they are good and pretty flexible. I wanted something that not only works well but also looks good for the clients. If you have any questions please let  me know, I have been on it for about 8 months now.C.
  • elsizzle2000elsizzle2000 subscriber Posts: 5
    I love this forum. You guys are like my business consultants! Thank you all. Now my question is in addition to tracking orders, customer emais, etc. I would also like a place where I can post calendars, to do lists, & other pertienet info on the business (company policies, etc) where my employees can log in & view this info as well. Is there a solution that is all of this combined?
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    your best bet for that elsizzle is; create and Intranet page for your company. You can have an intranet (Intranet; is internal to the company) It has its own login and password directory. It has an admin side where you can add or remove employees and their passwords. You can upload your company policies, W2 forms, Vacation Request forms, and everything that has to do with running your business and being compliant with the state. Take a look at this design that we just developed for a client... http://www.cdl-netbranch.com</A>this web site also has a content management system, email, pdf form downloads for the company, it has forms for 48 states and you are able to print pdf forms from the web site. in real time. All the user has to do is print, sing and fax to the client.
     You know what the funny thing about this client is: he can access his forms and documents from anywhere. He has licenses, business documents at the click of the mouse...His company is registered in California, and he works out of his new house in Hawaii.
  • NetworksXNetworksX subscriber Posts: 2
    YourSourcePro,
    Microsoft makes a product called Microsoft CRM.  It is a web-based customer management application.  I have used it and configured it.  It works very well and works great with Microsoft Small Business Server 2003.
    Networks Extraordinare, LLC.
    Meny,
     Some great software to use is the following:
    Microsoft Small Business Server 2003Office 2003 (either Small Business or Professional edition)Microsoft CRM for Small Business Server
    These three tools combined are very power and can be used for sales/marketing/leads and much more.  If you need further information please feel free to contact me.  Thanks
    Joseph
  • MenyMeny subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply, do you know anything about infustionsoft Manager pro?
    Meny,
     No I do not.   Sorry.  But Quickbooks also makes one called QuickBooks Customer Manager v2 which intergrates with Quickbooks. 

Joseph
    Thanks, I`m coming from it.. that a entry leval in the CRM 
    Meny,
     Please see your StartupNation mail.
    Joseph
  • EmilyPEmilyP subscriber Posts: 0
    I love this forum. You guys are like my business consultants! Thank you all. Now my question is in addition to tracking orders, customer emails, etc. I would also like a place where I can post calendars, to do lists, & other pertinent info on the business (company policies, etc) where my employees can log in & view this info as well. Is there a solution that is all of this combined?I realize this is long after this original post was made, but if you (or anyone else) are still looking for an application that does all this, I would check out ViaCube (http://www.viacube.net). They have all the features mentioned above plus email.