WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Web Redirecting? Good idea for site w/o shopping cart??

MylasBagsMylasBags subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Website Critique

Hello Everyone! I was wondering about something. I am working on getting a shopping cart set up on my website. In the mean time I would like for my customers to be able to purchase some items from my site.  Do you think it`s a good idea to have my ecrater store linked to my website. Meaning, if you would go to my website (mylasbags.com) and see a handbag that you are interested in, you would click the buy now button, but instead of being forwarded to a shopping cart ( ie. OSCommerce) page, you would be sent to the page on my Ecrater store so you can purchase it.
I know this maybe some work for the customer, BUT, it`s better then them trying to navigate through my ecrater store @ a later date/time to find their item.  I fear some people are turned off by my lack of shopping cart, but right now, I don`t have the time nor $$ to pay someone to do it for me.

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

Hello Everyone! I was wondering about something. I am working on getting a shopping cart set up on my website. In the mean time I would like for my customers to be able to purchase some items from my site.  Do you think it`s a good idea to have my ecrater store linked to my website. Meaning, if you would go to my website (mylasbags.com) and see a handbag that you are interested in, you would click the buy now button, but instead of being forwarded to a shopping cart ( ie. OSCommerce) page, you would be sent to the page on my Ecrater store so you can purchase it.
    I know this maybe some work for the customer, BUT, it`s better then them trying to navigate through my ecrater store @ a later date/time to find their item.  I fear some people are turned off by my lack of shopping cart, but right now, I don`t have the time nor $$ to pay someone to do it for me. 
     That will work, some people may be put off becuase it goes to a different domain.You might just add a note on your site to tell people what will happen so they are not surprized. ~Roland
  • jumbopandajumbopanda subscriber Posts: 0
    It is important to keep the navigation within your domain.  Once a user is off your site they can find something else that interests them and forget your ever existed.  Search for free or inexpensive shopping carts.  You may want something more professional as time goes on (and funds allow). In the long run it would probably be well worth your effort.
    The site itself is cute and trendy.  The bags look nice. Would it be possible to change the gray background to a simple pink or light blue pattern?  Maybe blue stripes like the girl`s shirt. Just a thought.
  • MylasBagsMylasBags subscriber Posts: 1
    The site itself is cute and trendy.  The bags look nice. Would it be possible to change the gray background to a simple pink or light blue pattern?  Maybe blue stripes like the girl`s shirt. Just a thought.
      Thanks for the advice. I was looking to change the background color, but didn`t know what would have worked. One of the hardest things about not having a big budget is having to do alot of things by yourself. 

I was looking to change the background color, but didn`t know what would have worked. One of the hardest things about not having a big budget is having to do alot of things by yourself. 

There are many tutorials on how to do all sorts of things.  I used to think tat if you wanted to learn how to do something you needed to buy a book or take a class.  Now I feel that you can get so much done by using tutorials that are created for people just like you.  I have learned a lot about web design and graphic design without any formal training, just tutorials and rolling up my sleeves and digging in.
    If you need some help, let me know if there is something I can do.