WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Heritage Web solutions

kjohrikjohri subscriber Posts: 10
Has anyone used Heritage Web solutions for either making a website or for hosting?
What has been your experience? Thanks!

Comments

• sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Has anyone used Heritage Web solutions for either making a website or for hosting?
    What has been your experience? Thanks!

Check this out:http://www.google.com/search?q=Heritage ... =firefox-a
  • kjohrikjohri subscriber Posts: 10
    would like to add one more....
    Apparently the CEO participates in the gossip as welll
    http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Heritag ... 1b737e4503
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    would like to add one more....
    Apparently the CEO participates in the gossip as welll
    http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Heritag ... 1b737e4503

Judging by the replies the CEO and his employees are spreading out the happy pills in the thread.  That`s not uncommon.  Most of the time people wouldn`t be so obvious as to their connections with the companies.
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    I haven`t dealt with Heritage myself but many of my customers have switched over to me simply because its hard to get Technical Support
  • infiltainfilta subscriber Posts: 8
    To be honest with you, they are a joke. I spoke with them a few times and I saw their portfolio. What gets me is their Google ads that say "100% Full Custom Web design. Our work is awesome". That is such an overstatement. I don`t argue that they do custom work. The thing is that it looks horrible. You don`t get an "awesome" website for $199. Cheap web sites like that won`t take your business anywhere. Not because they are cheap - but because they lack any talent.
    Plus their hosting is overpriced.
  • conciergelady1conciergelady1 subscriber Posts: 2

They replied to my RFP and after all the bad reviews on them, I told them I wasn`t interested in their services. Even on their email to me I didn`t even get anyone`s name just their company name and a pdf file for 10 ways to get a killer website (which I already had). Not impressed.  I nicely requested that they don`t contact me anymore.

Concierge lady

• MamaGMamaG subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi,
    I wish I would have done more research on them before buying a website and hosting
    for 3 weeks straight I recieved phones calls asking me to buy more features and add
    on`s.
    I just looked at my online banking statement and they had taken out $250.00!!!!
    for what? I called and som one told me I had agreed to do my own updates on my site and it was for letting me use the ftp server to up load changes.
    I am so angry I have a head ache. The person I talked to said they have reversed
    the charge but in the mean time my account is over drawn until the bank proccess every thing tonight. Which means I have no funds to use. I am on a very tight budget
    right now and $250.00, though it is not much, is all I had right now.
    I am going to look for a new web hosting company today.
    Any suggestions?
    Hi MamaG,
    I can recommend Elief - www.elief.comI`ve been with them for about 6 months and am pretty happy with them! They`re cheap, very fast support when I need it, and hosting is fast. infilta10/28/2008 10:49 AM
    BTW you can load or ping my site to see how quickly it loads. URL is in my signature.
  • MamaGMamaG subscriber Posts: 0
    Wow!!!
    Very nice site. Loads fast too.
    I will check them out, thank you.
  • jumbopandajumbopanda subscriber Posts: 0
    You don`t get an "awesome" website for $199. Cheap web sites like that won`t take your business anywhere. Not because they are cheap - but because they lack any talent.

As a maker of inexpensive websites, I just want to clarify, not everyone who makes inexpensive sites is selling you garbage.  Similarly, not everyone who charges you a lot of money delivers you an amazing site.  It all depends on the designer.  I make inexpensive sites and have very happy customers.
    Fair enough
    We work constantly to improve our talent and customer service. Thanks for pointing that out, barose.
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    If you ask me I`ve been in the industry for over 8 years and! to be honest with you guys, I hate companies that offer web design under $1K. $250.00 is worse... The truth of the fact is that, if you are a talented web designer and you are selling your stuff for $199.99 to $250.00 you are killing the industry.
    This is the reason why we have so much junk on the Internet.
    As Google`s CEO Eric Schmidt stated on October 8,2008 "The Internet is a Cesspool" [read about it] And he was right, with So called Multimedia schools tossing out so called web developers by the dozens and untalented coders creating bed room companies they have saturated the market.
    I come across these people every day. The two biggest sources of untalented people can be found at myspace.com and craigslist ...
    As for Heritage Webs, I hope you understand that they do not have any developers on Staff. They outsource all of their web design and development to other people. How do I know? They contacted me if I wanted to be part of their so called team.

Yea, people have a lot of bad things to say about Wal-mart too, but people keep shopping there.