WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Using Your Vehicle To Advertise

consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
edited July 2008 in Marketing
I am thinking about using my vehicle as an advertising tool by putting my companies logo on my windows. The logo I am going to use is the same one on my business cards and website www.consumertreehouse.com
It`s free exposure for my company, except the cost of the decals for the vehicle, and you can reach thousands of people a day just by running errands around town. Does anyone do this? and if so what do you think about it?Thank you in advance.

Comments

• NomadAdvertisingLLCNomadAdvertisingLLC subscriber Posts: 3
    I think its a great idea.  Depending on the complexity of the vehicle wrap and size of your vehicle, the installation will cost between $2000 and $3500, typically.  Usually a wrap installation takes a couple of days (a full vehicle wrap).
    I believe in this form of advertising and due to the nature of my company, when I was performing market research, I met with many business owners who wrapped their cars with the company logo and told me that not only did it drive people into their stores but also found themselves approached while "running errands" and asked about their store, prices, and location. 
    Car wrap advertising is a powerful advertising method.  Use Google to find an installer near you to get more information.
  • consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
    Thanks for the reply. I found a place today and checked them out. They seem very reasonable in the pricing. I told them I was going to check around the area and see what else I can find, but from what I have found while searching the net is that they are top rated company. 
    Thank again
  • GreetingCardGoldmineGreetingCardGoldmine subscriber Posts: 1
    I have my domain name, tag line, phone number and a few graphics on the back window of our vehicle. We have been contacted because of it and it has been successful and is very low cost advertising.
    Be sure to make your contact information in large enough print that it can be captured by passing vehicles.
    Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.
  • artman40artman40 subscriber Posts: 5
    As someone who does this for a living, I would offer the following advice:
    Keep it simple! Who you are, what you do, and how they get a hold of you.
    If they can`t read it, you are wasting your money.
    I can`t tell you how many vehicles I see with splashy, overly colorful graphics that drown out the company name and other information.
    There is a candy company near me that has a car with all these chocolate candy images on it and I could never read the company name until one day it happened to pull up next to me at a stop light.
    Just because you can wrap a whole vehicle doesn`t mean you should.
    Yes, my design is my logo, tag line, and web address. Very simple and only 3 colors. Nothing fancy, nothing hard on the eyes, very straight forward and simple.
    I have seen several vehicles with logos that are unreadable so I decided not to go that route.Thanks again for the feedback.
  • jerryflowerjerryflower subscriber Posts: 0

I think, it is a great idea of using own vehicles to marketing.You can advertise your company on your vehicle.So why are you waiting?You can start now.

stop identity theft

• daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    I have one of my companies name, and phone number in 8" white block vinyl on the back of my van window.  Have had it on for 18 months.  Got my first call from it last week, nice man.  Sent info, will see if he becomes a client.  Make your number and website big enough to read.  Discreet size defeats the purpose.

A vehicle wrap always gets my attention, but largely because I have an interest in marketing.  A wrapped Hummer gets everyone`s attention.
  • sellmyinventorycomsellmyinventorycom subscriber Posts: 3
    We have all our personal vehicles lettered with both URL`s of our websites. Because of the actual urls www.sellmyinventory.com & www.searchtheentirecraigslist.com ,tag lines or mottos are not necessary as they are descriptive in the nature of the sites.
    Any form of advertising is positive in getting visitors to your business or website.Business cards,adhesive labels,t-shirts,etc are all utilized.
    JMHO,
    Paul