WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Free Business Phone Services?

TheComplianceGuyTheComplianceGuy subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Grab Bag
Does anyone know of any free online phone number services?  I`m looking to basically have an out-of-state phone # that I can use as my business number that will forward to my cell wherever I go.  I don`t need any fancy services right now, just another # I can use for this purpose.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Eric

Comments

• omupasomupas subscriber Posts: 7
    You can try this service:  www.craigsnumber.comI`ve never used the service so I can`t speak on it, I just saw it online once and remembered the site when you asked the question.  You can select from a list of area codes (I think you end up with an extension number that needs to be dialed as well).  I`m not sure how long you need the number for, but I think the longest you can have the number for is for 1 month.  Anyway, just thought I`d throw it out there since you were looking for something.
  • VirtualCPAVirtualCPA subscriber Posts: 1
    Have you checked into SKYPE? It was a free service. Now they charge a nominal fee annually. www.skype.com</A> 
    Their SKYPE unlimited plan is only $29.95 per year. That is close to free!

• YuanYuan subscriber Posts: 0
    Maybe:Grandcentral.comYuan2007-8-28 4:0:34
  • mattbizmattbiz subscriber Posts: 0
    101voicemail gives one month free service. After that it`s $8.50 /month flat rate unlimited usage. That`s almost a steal considering how much a real business phone system would costs. Be careful of free things usually there`s a big drawback. If you pay for peanuts you usually get peanuts.
  • NomadAdvertisingLLCNomadAdvertisingLLC subscriber Posts: 3
    I use magicJack for Nomad Advertising`s phone provider.  In general people either love it or hate it.  It is a VOIP device that plugs into the USB port on your computer then you plug your phone into it.  I use it and have had no problems at all with it.  The quality is that of a cell phone.  It costs $50 for the first year (that buys you the device and a 1yr subscription) and $20 each year after.  Since our work computer is on all the time, its no problem.
    www.MagicJack.com