WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please critique my light graffiti website

port23userport23user subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Website Critique
Please critique my light graffiti website markthedark.com

Here`s some information about it:
Light graffiti is a photography technique where you can use lights to "draw" on a picture.  It`s a real art because you don`t immediately see what you`re drawing and there are lots of things to make a picture look impressive.  Light graffiti artists are very committed to their work.

The goal of this website is to provide a place for light graffiti artists to show off their work and for others to enjoy it.  Right now, they just post the light graffiti on their personal websites and on flickr.  MarkTheDark provides a single place to display the art, along with ratings.

I`d love any advice you can give me, the following in particular:
-Is anything on the site broken?  I`ve tested the site thousands of times, but there`s always the possibility that I`ve overlooked something.
-If you have some light graffiti, can you upload it?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say!  Thanks for your time.

Comments

• port23userport23user subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you for your advice.  I`ll work on getting a video made and put up.  I really like beautifulpetunia`s idea of having a place to sell their photography.  Thanks!
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Love the way you colored your site name, even though I don`t care for the bright green it has a really nice effect. Definitely lighten of the rest of the text .... if someone has to strain to read, they may not want to stay on your site very long.
    Definitely give some indications of why a user is here .... what is the purpose overall? What can members do? What can be learned or shared? Make those messages more prominent upfront.
    Set up proper metatags ... unique page titles, descriptions, etc.
    Use descriptive link titles and img alt`s that contain keywords .... these don`t need to state exactly what an  image is, use a short description with keywords when possible.