WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

DBA of a corp

johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
edited September 2007 in Business Planning
I have a software business which is pretty stable. Now I want to create a new line of software, which is completely seperate from my existing business, thus I want new brand and new identify.
To have new identify, I have three options.
1. DBA of myself as a solo.2. Incorporate a new company.3. DBA of my existing corporation.
I know how to do 1 and 2, but I am leaning toward 3. My question is, once I do a DBA of the existing corp, do I need new business license, new bank account etc with the DBA name?johnqh2007-9-22 11:13:13

Comments

• Options
    pepperlegalpepperlegal subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    To obtain a "D/B/A," in most states you simply need to register a fictitious name associated with your existing business.  Once you`ve done so, you can use your existing bank account with your existing business name if you wish, or you can bring in your fictitious name registration filing to the bank and have separate checks with your new D/B/A with your existing bank account.
  • Options
    johnqhjohnqh subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks. That`s what I thought. Just want to make sure.