WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New to SUN...New to Web Designing....

twix23919twix23919 subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2007 in Website Critique
Hello!
I`m not a web designer, but I have FP, and have been working on making the best site I can that people would enjoy visiting and hopefully purchasing from! I would be interested in your thoughts!
My site is www.twixidesigns.com</A>
Thanks so much! I know I will enjoy learning everything I can from this site!

Comments

• twix23919twix23919 subscriber Posts: 2
    Good morning,
    Thank you to everyone for your input! It`s always good to know what others think. I did change my icon. I can see how the hobo bag might be confusing to someone who does not know handbags. Also, I`m aware that the pics need to be better, and I`m actually in the process of setting up a special "photobox" to photograph my bags. To Steve....thank you for the "pretty cool" on my bags! Twixi was a nickname from my husband...and it stuck! To the others, I appreciate your suggestions, and I will post when changes get made.
    Y`all have a great day!
  • efoozleefoozle subscriber Posts: 2
    Are you looking to be a web designer or sell handbags or both? There are plenty of free systems that allow you to setup stores in minutes. I would recommend using one of those instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. There are only a few instances where I recommend someone code there own site from scratch that will be used in a production environment. I will be glad to assist in any way that I can. The name Twixi is a cool site name.
    Hi,
    Thank you for liking Twixi! I only said that the way I did to show that I`m not a web designer.....so don`t be too hard on me! Making handbags is my passion. As I have the time, I will put more efforts into the site from various suggestions that have been given to me.
    Thanks again for your input! 
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    I like your color scheme but I do not like a landing page. To have to go through a commercial prior to seeing what you offer is a bit of a turn off. I agree with the other user that said the site looks dated. Also I clicked on your products and I was sent to a page that looks like it is another website. The background was black and there is no brand consistency. I do not know if these are your designs or you are selling someone else`s product. I would rethink your strategy for product display. Good luck,John
    onlineeater2007-2-17 10:47:4
    Hi,
    Those are sample pages created in "jalbum" to show handbags and other samples of work I`ve done and sold. I have no idea if there`s even a way to change the jalbums to go with the color scheme. The reason I chose the black is because I didn`t photograph my work very well(I`m in the process of changing that), and the black makes the colors pop....so the handbags look better.
    Thanks for your input!
    Trish
    www.twixidesigns.com 
  • flguyflguy subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks that was very helpful But I don`t have ANY money to spend and I MEAN NONE -- I have been disabled for over 20 years and do NOT have any extra

My innovation came out of the injury which caused my disabilty:

The story behind my invention is found @ http://MickyMantle.2ya.com

Bill

flguy12/10/2007 1:26 PM