WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Most popular logo merchandise

johncjohnc subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2007 in Marketing
Of the following merchandise wtih your company/product name/logo on them, which have you found is usually most popular to give customers:- mugs- pens - stickers- small note pads- t-shirtsetc.This is assuming there is an attractive logo.  I don`t think pens are a good way to advertise because they are so small and can`t include your logo.  I think the mug and t-shirt are probably best .  Maybe the notepads?  I`m just thinking about those that will get the most use and eyes on them in any given environment.  It would be nice to know which customers are going to be the best advertisers as well.  If you surveyed several, chosing those that work in a larger company doesn`t necessarily mean good advertising - for the t-shirt at least, since you don`t know if they are allowed to wear t-shirts.  In this case, I think the mug or notepads top.Whatever you chose, don`t forget to add a www.yourcompany.com under the logo.Thanks,John

Comments

• Options
    onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    I like the idea of a mouse pad with a lift up where someone can put a picture underneath. Nothing better then someone taking a peak at their kids feeling all lovey dover and then looking at your logo and website. I can not think of a better way to create a powerful association to your logo. 
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    For my own business, and those of most of my clients, the most popular "giveaways" have been T-shirts, baseball caps and Post-It note pads. I just donated a whole box of unneeded/unwanted mugs, that  I`ve been given over the last couple years by various businesses, to a very appreciative homeless shelter.- J.
  • Options
    PatriciaAnnePatriciaAnne subscriber Posts: 0
    I think the "best" giveaway depends on your audience. Some men love baseball caps...but women don`t necessarily want them.
    Many people will take anything that`s free..then pitch it.
    Pick up something big...or heavy... at a tradeshow, then when you are packing for the plane, it will likely go in the trash can.
    Mugs are a dime a dozen. Better be really interesting company or logo.  Same with t-shirs. Too cheap and it won`t look so hot.
    I have an ergonomic mousepad at work. A laptop at home (no mousepad used.)
     PatriciaAnne2007-1-19 21:19:6
  • Options
    johncjohnc subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks on these great suggestions.  I have a new view about pens.  I`ve not designed my logo yet but will make sure it works with pens.  I also like the "I stole this pen from..." part.  Guess I could start with pens and move into stickynotes or notepads and possibly hats.
  • Options
    gderniegdernie subscriber Posts: 1
    I provide promotional products if any needs them
    al-Products.html

Services

Logo Design

Layout Design

Web Graphics

Website Design

Printed Media

Business Cards

Postcards

Brochures

Flyers

CD Covers

Promotional

Products

Apparel

Branding

Giveaways

Recognition
  • Options
    stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    My husband has had a great hit with a farmers almanac with his logo and info on it. He has a landscape design company. At the local street fests we give pinwheels to the kids.
    First aid kits are great too, b/c folks seem to hang onto these in ther car or med cabinet or junk drawer.
    Realtors give football schedules for your fridge which can be helpful.
    I give t-shirts and water bottles for girls with goals. Then the name gets out when they wear it and when they use there bottle at the gym.
  • Options
    LizzieanneLizzieanne subscriber Posts: 0
    Think about what you want that promotional product to say about your company, your brand and your image.  The most important thing to consider when choosing a product is that it is useful, and will be in your client or prospective client`s hands ll the time. 
    Think about your objective in a  using a promotional product - a giveaway is given out with the hope something will happen while a promotional item has an abojective, target audience, theme, etc.
    I`ll help you with what works for your business, your objective, time frame and budget rather than just try to "sell you stuff". 
    Check  www.cmtipromo.com</A>  or call Lee at 206 243 - 2015.
  • Options
    onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    I just ordered some promotional items. I ordered mouse pads, stick um paper pads, and popcorn bags for a trade show we are doing where we will hand out popcorn. I will let everyone know how it turns out. 
  • Options
    efoozleefoozle subscriber Posts: 2
    I cannot tell you first hand what worked best for me because I haven`t had logo`d items made before. As a consumer who has been given items I can tell you that of them all, I like t-shirts the best. I have been given more mugs, notepads, and toothpick holders than I would ever use.
  • Options
    Jason5yuanJason5yuan subscriber Posts: 3
    I make mine corporate gift type of things with Cafepress.com  they have a pretty good selection, T shirts and mugs, mouse pads, tote bags.   I haven`t given out any for free  yet.   I asked friends to buy at cost.  I also have sold 11 tshirts in a month with our logo and a featured product on the shirt.  You can check out my cafepress store and see it yourself. 
    Jason5yuan2007-2-12 2:45:20