WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I got funding and an idea now how to produce

OCMIKEJROCMIKEJR subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2006 in Business Planning
I have a great idea and am funding it myself, however, do not know how to seek out a manufacturer? I have a basic mockup in digital format of the specs, and now I just need a prototype, which shouldn`t be that hard....So now where do I go from here?

Comments

• Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    I have many contacts for manufacturing electronics, or you can search Thomas Register on line.  Nowaday, manufacturing is easy.
  • DiggerDigger subscriber Posts: 0
    I also know of an excellent domestic electronics manufacturer.  He has performed quite a bit of proprietary work for me and has a great deal of integrity.  He has produced for Motorola, Siemens... and he is a person who started his own business 22 years ago.  If you needed someone to bounce the idea off of... he is a person I would trust. 
    The advice above is very good.  Patent is the only true protection and you will have to protect it.  Alternatively, confidentiality agreements are simply and relatively cheap but nearly impossible to defend.
    If I can help in any way, let me know.
    Digger
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Without giving too much away can you tell us what type of manufacturing service you are looking for? That may help in pointing you in the right direction.