WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help! Where should I market my product

SaunaCrownSaunaCrown subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Selecting a Business
Dear Friends,

Comments

• GiovannaGiovanna subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Sauna Lady,
    That`s a really cool product. My website is www.kitchencabinetmart.com</A> and I sell quality kitchen cabinets to homeowners but mostly to businesses (contractors/developers). It would be ideal for you to conduct a comprehensive feasibilty study and market research. Doing so will fully answer the questions you have.
  • asykesasykes subscriber Posts: 3
    Hey Sauna Lady!There`s a lot to be said for looking at the competition. If they do something, and they`re successful, it`s got to be at least worth a try!
  • SaunaCrownSaunaCrown subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for checking my website and your reply! Do you know where to find out the schedule of the trade shows? I tried to search on the web, but I didn`t find what show that is best for my product. Do you have any idea?
    Thanks for your help!
    Sauna Lady
    Hi Giovanna
    Thanks for your reply! You gave me an idea. I can sell my product to contractors/developers, builers too. How did you find your clients? Did you try to put your product into Cosco or Homedepot?  Did you go to any trade show before? If yes, what kind of show is it? Do you have any contact info?I was a computer programmer and this is my first time doing business. I would like to do makreting reseacher, but I don`t know where should I start? I need help from all of you.
    Thanks again!
    Sauna Lady

Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for your help! I will check it out.
    Have a nice day!

• onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Look for some home shows. Also talk to some high end home builders and ask if you can put one in a model for demo purposes. You may be ableto get away with putting in just the shell. 
  • EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    If you are really interested in a trade show and you aren`t just trying to boost your image here within this forum and pitch your product ....please pardon the suspicion (your company is after all the world`s 5th largest sauna distributor according to your website)
    Get to the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas.
    Have your best salesperson there and somebody that can answer technical questions.
    Be prepared with quality promotional literature and get some press however you can. Press releases, New Product World, Trade magazines, etc. I think you must already have a handle on a lot of this.
    Also, The Remodeling Show if you want the interest of builders looking for new products.
    ~Eric
    Hi Eric
    Thanks for your help! Yes, I checked the links and these two shows maybe relate to my product. I will eamil them and make sure.
    Thanks again!
    Sauna Lady

Hi onlineeater,
    Thanks for your reply! It is good idea.
    I want to put one in Costco or Homedepot, but how can we do that. Does anyone know how to do it or can give me contact info?
    Thanks!
    Sauna Lady
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    Hi onlineeater,
    Thanks for your reply! It is good idea.
    I want to put one in Costco or Homedepot, but how can we do that. Does anyone know how to do it or can give me contact info?
    Thanks!
    Sauna LadyYou can always visit one of the stores while you are shopping and ask to speak to the manager. I would encourage you to try the high end buiilders first for two reasons. First more access to your target customers. The majority of the people walking through HD can not afford or do not have the room for a Sauna at home. Most likely 100% of the people looking at a high end home can afford one. Second is if you do go the HD/Cosco route you want to have some experience working with retail buyers and working with a home builder could provide you with that experience. This way you have a framework for building your retail business with these larger outlets.