WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need some feedback/advice/expertise on a new business venture

Hi everyone, I am new here at SuN and I would like some feedback and advice on a possible new business venture. I was given about 30-40 laptops a few weeks ago. Some of the units were broken, so I pieced them together and now I have about 30 working units. Originally I was going to sell them on ebay. But then I tought, this is my opportunity to start my own business (Instead of eating my seed, I decided to plant it). I am a graphic/ web designer. I know a little about everything, I guess. Does anyone have any ideas? What would you do if you had 20 laptops?:-)

Comments

• Options
    BizOptimizerBizOptimizer subscriber Posts: 1
    You could sell them.  You might make more as a tax write-off giving them away.  But probably the most profitable and Valuable is to set them up with software to improve the lives of deaf children/people, children in hospitals, or some other needy group and find people that will sponsor your charity - start a Foundation.

Good luck,
  • Options
    leviduncanleviduncan subscriber Posts: 1
    Wow! This would definitely be a possibility. Great idea thanks.
  • Options
    leviduncanleviduncan subscriber Posts: 1
    Does anyone out there have any more great ideas I can consider?
  • Options
    jwatkinsjwatkins subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Start a computer training company for seniors. Take the laptops to senior centers or set up shop permanently.

• Options
    TheJoeZoneTheJoeZone subscriber Posts: 5
     LD-
    Since you are a member here at SUN, why dont you find someone here that is in the process of starting up a venture, and has little capital to work with and donate a laptop to him/her? I`m sure it would be appreciated. Just because we are here dosent mean we all have the resources for something that is a must in running a business. Just a thought  on "paying it foward". 
    Best of luck in all you do!
                            Joe (TheJoe Zone)