WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to get paid for advertising on your site?

ChrisFarleyChrisFarley subscriber Posts: 20
I am interested in starting an on-line website that makes money just off of advertising revenue, how do you attract companies that want to advertise on your website? Just a hint my target market is middle aged people.

Comments

• TexaderoTexadero subscriber Posts: 0
    Traffic is indeed important. If you don`t have lots of people on your site, advertisers may not want to buy space on your site directly. If you`re just starting out, Google Adsense or Text-Link-Ads.com may be good bets.
    I`ve used both of those services and had some success. Once I built up some traffic, I`ve also started to recruit advertisers directly.
    An alternative to advertising is to sell products via affiliate programs. Depending on your site content, this may or may not be a good option. I`ve been selling some products via Amazon associates for several years now.
  • PiperTaxPiperTax subscriber Posts: 5
    +1 for Text-link-ads.com
    (And then eventually, once site is large enough, I`d suggest trying to contact potential advertisors directly.)