WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Logo Design

pmjasonpmjason subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2006 in Marketing
I am just starting up a new business at http://www.logostick.com</A> and am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I can grow the business.

Comments

• EricEric subscriber Posts: 8
    Jason,
    This is going to sound like a simplified answer but.......be prepared to pay for placement on your major internet search engines.
    You have a nice looking website and a good offer. Love the "before and after" You need to be noticed now and get some much needed feedback and a really strong portfolio for use on your website.
    Check out Googles pay per click adwords program (or any of the other programs offered by major search engines. Work with it for awhile and tweak it until you see the results you`re looking for.  It costs to really get to the top, but if you don`t do something your business will be lost to dozens of other companies that do pay to advertise their site.
    There are other ways to reach business, but this might be the quickest way to get noticed and see results.
    I`m sure others will share what they have been able to do for effective exposure as well.
    Good luck to you. Let us know how things progress.
    ~Eric
  • BizAtTheBeachBizAtTheBeach subscriber Posts: 0
    Wow, I really like your site.  The demo on the How it Works page is excellent, very simple and straightforward.  I would concentrate your SEO on the do-it-yourself keywords as opposed to paying for someone else to do your logo for you.  That is a key differentiator for you.  Also, you may want to offer some tips about design basics or aesthetics to help people come up with some concepts.  I don`t know if it is feasible to make a few suggestions for clients to get them started, but I think that would help peolple who don`t have a great comfort level at designing.  Good luck to you.
  • LingLing subscriber Posts: 1
    Very nice looking site.  You have great flash effects.I think the best way to get noticed is to partner with another company that has mutual interests.  They will give you better promotion and it`s a much higher return than pay-per-click.  For example, create free logos for a company like startup nation and they will give you a testimonial or referral.It`s important to know how many visitors hit your competitors` sites. Try this link to see traffic stats for logoloft.com.
  • pmjasonpmjason subscriber Posts: 1
    I appreciate everyones feedback.  It looks like I have a long road ahead of me.
  • stefaniksignsstefaniksigns subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi,

I don`t get it. smileys/smiley5.gif You design your own logo with some
    clipart yourself and than pay you $99 bucks for it. smileys/smiley5.gif
    smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/
    smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif
    smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif smileys/smiley5.gif

God Bless You!!!! I hope it works smileys/smiley5.gif
  • pmjasonpmjason subscriber Posts: 1
    John -I appreciate the comments, but it is not clip-art.  All of our symbols are professionally designed specifically for use in logos.  None of it is stock clip-art.Jason
  • rvdebbyrvdebby subscriber Posts: 11
    Pretty cool site. Would like more shapes and graphics. Played around for a bit and didn`t quite get to the logo I would like, still it was a start.
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    I am impressed with your site. I have checked out many logo sites and I think this is the best one so far.....I am in need of a logo myself for print and website. You have a lot of logos but unfortunately I didnt find one for my business which is the concierge business.  I did check the business-consulting logos since business backup support will be part of my business..  Just wondering...are you limited to what is on your website or can a logo be customized as well?...Thanks
  • SnoMonSnoMon subscriber Posts: 4
    pmjason,Hey there!  Great looking site.  Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, Ask.com, and MSN are obvious PPC channels, but you are gonna need to budget.  As you know, "logo design" and related terms are competitive.A couple of other channels worth using (because they are free) are www.Squidoo.com (I posted a forum topic about this under "Online Marketing").  And as cheesy as it may sound, I think it is worth having a Myspace page devoted to your business.  I mean with as much traffic as Myspace gets and being the 3rd most popular site (behind Yahoo and Google), why not utilize it?  I just set up a page for my business last week (I`ve never used Myspace before mind you), and I have already seen a spike in traffic to my main website...just a couple thoughts.Best of luck to you!
  • JWDesignCenterJWDesignCenter subscriber Posts: 1
    Not bad... Coming from a designers standpoint, I was a little disappointed when I couldn`t customize my logo more but then I`m used to being able to do anything.  I think you definitely need to add more choices in your selections.  But its a good start!
  • nerowayneroway subscriber Posts: 0
    I think your site is fantastic!  I`m currently trying to do something similar and I think you`ve set the bar pretty high.  I`d be interested in hearing how you initially started.  I`m currently at the "aspiring" stage in my business venture.
  • littonbarneylittonbarney subscriber Posts: 0
    A complex organization logo will not only make your logo difficult to re design and maintain, but you will also fail to engage with your viewers. Your organization logo should be versatile enough to every business situation. If a logo is too common or literal, you may have difficulties using it when serving different marketplaces.
    A complex organization logo will not only make your logo difficult to re design and maintain, but you will also fail to engage with your viewers. Your organization logo should be versatile enough to every business situation. If a logo is too common or literal, you may have difficulties using it when serving different marketplaces.
    Use of symbols in communications has been documented since the time of hieroglyphics. Symbols are used to convey depth of information in an efficient manner, and they can be used to replace what would normally require a lot of explanation. Symbols are a fantastic way to convey a concept.