WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

FoundersCafe.com - blog about my startup

RaydenRayden subscriber Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Website Critique
Hi guys, I am fairly new to this forum so please forgive me if I double posted the topic.  I originally posted about my blog in the "Marketing" forum before knowing about this "Website Critique" forum.FoundersCafe.com is my blog that I started to chronicle my triumph, defeat and everything else in between while trying to launch an Internet startup in Houston Texas.  The only thing I withhold from revealing is the business model at its core that will generate revenue.  I think it`s not the right time to reveal that part yet but down the road it will be gradually presented.  There are two reason why I blog about it:1.) To keep an archive of processes, smart decisions, stupid decisions, mistakes, and things that will serve as a learning guide for future Internet entrepreneurs to learn from.2.) As a marketing vehicle to create some pre-launch buzz in order to have a base of early adopters to get off the gate with.Any feedback will be welcomed, and I also invite you to tag along for the ride
Rayden2007-5-24 2:1:0

Comments

• RaydenRayden subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks Craig.The web site itself is not ready yet.  Still in alpha phase ... under development.  I am hoping to reveal the site URL son and invite netizens to participate in beta testing.  For now, I`ll just have to do with the blog
  • pkammpkamm subscriber Posts: 2
    Actually, good websites are never a finished product; they`re always changing, growing, being improved upon.Also, most blog software allows you to make both a blog and a static-page website. A great way to bring people back to your site is to keep it fresh.
  • RaydenRayden subscriber Posts: 2
    Agreed.  There needs to be a certain set of functionalities and features before a site can be launched.  It will always need improvement but at the very least it needs to have enough to grab users attention at the get go.I may get a screen print of the home page soon on my blog