WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do I get a mailing list local to me?

familyguy81868521familyguy81868521 subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in Marketing
Hello to all,

I`m trying to get some marketing research done for my plan prior to starting up, and I`ve run into a snag.  The scope of my business includes the county where I`m going to live as well as the surrounding counties.  I`ve made contact with a few of the county assesors in the region, trying to get a mailing list of all of the property owners, so that I can mail out a survey to those property owners.  Some of the assesors are cooperative, some are not.

Please keep in mind that about 95% of my future customers are farmers/ranchers and live in a very rural area where 27K dial-up speed is the inexpensive standard, and hi-speed internet is a relatively new, thus more expensive, service.  Therefore, email is unreliable, and cold-calling is crude, rude, and uneffective.

My Question:  Is there an easier way to get the information I need so that I can get this done faster?

Thank you in advance.
familyguy818685211/18/2008 1:34 PM

Comments

• DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Hello familyguy:

You need to consult with a professional mailing list service. I`ve used U.S. Data Corporation many times in the past with good results. They`ve been around for 30 years, and they stand behind their lists 100%.

http://www.usdatacorporation.com/

Dale King
    DKing1/18/2008 3:04 PM
  • familyguy81868521familyguy81868521 subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks Dale, I`ll check them out.
    Tony Stemick
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    You`re quite welcome, Tony.

Dale King
  • daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    white pages.com.  Plug in the city you want, or a street name and it will give the name of all registered property owners on the street/road.  Can be out of date information, though so be careful.  A list broker will have "scrubbed lists" which should be more up to date.

What are you going to be selling?  Go hang out at the local TSC or feed store and feel out your audience.  Due diligence trip.  Better than relying on mailings, especially if you do not have a history in the area already.
    Thanks daleyfla99, I`ll keep that in mind.
  • XpressPrintXpressPrint subscriber Posts: 0
    Hey Tony,

US Data is a good company, but I am a list broker and might be able to provide the same service to you at a fraction of the cost.  My website is in development, but until then i can answer questions and even do an database inquiry and let you know how many records exist.  My company uses the exact same data companies as all major list companies, so the product will essentially be exactly the same, we also guarantee our lists.

Let me know if i may be of service.

Jimmy
    XpressPrint1/22/2008 8:50 PM
    Thanks Jimmy, I`ll consider it.  I`m still price checking, and seeing what US Data can offer.  I`m very new to this, so I am trying to educate myself to that effect.  BTW, I`ve glanced out your website, and like what I`ve seen so far.  Thanks again.
    familyguy818685211/23/2008 7:15 AM
  • ProfessionalListsProfessionalLists subscriber Posts: 1
    US Data is white pages data, scrubbed against the DNC.  I`d love to talk with you about your needs, and we`ll talk with your regarding our available products and opt-in listings.  We can layer multiple products for you to get the most robust and responsive list arround.  It will be highly customized and will include only people targeted and quallified to purchase your product(s).

Regards,
  • XpressPrintXpressPrint subscriber Posts: 0
    More info....
    You have two options; consumer data and occupant data.  The later is the least expensive option.  I don`t think InfoUSA offers an Occupant Data List - which we derive directly from the United States Post Office database.  This ensures very minimal duplicates, in fact sometimes when there are duplicates its because of multiple occupants within the same residence; i.e roommates.
    That said, our consumer data list has an expected 92% deliverable rate and, even though we expect the occupant data list to be much higher because of the efficiency of the US Post Office, we guarantee the same deliverable rate.
    If you are not targeting consumers - and just want to blanket each area then the occupant data list is what you want.  If you want to get more direct - and get into really targeted marketing - you`ll want the consumer data list.

Either way, you`re going to get what you need, with a higher deliverable rate and for less money with XpressLeads, a division of XpressPrint-Online.  A website comparable to USAData and InfoUSA will be coming soon.  Hope this helps.
    XpressPrint2/8/2008 6:01 PM
  • ProfessionalListsProfessionalLists subscriber Posts: 1
    Kathy:

Professional Lists Inc, is having a buy 5000 get 5000 leads free deal!

Give me a call and we`ll discuss your needs and out ability to completeley fuffil them!

Regards,

Tom
  • RosannaTusseyRosannaTussey subscriber Posts: 4
    You can often get in touch with your city`s office that issues business licenses.   A lot of cities will sell you a list of other businesses who are licensed to do business there.  This method does result in a large list that may have to be sorted somewhat in order to narrow it down to the market you are seeking.