WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need advice on funding options for service business

jimnewman75jimnewman75 subscriber Posts: 8
edited February 2008 in Startup Funding
We`re close to being one year old ... and as our service business slowly grows thanks to our own capital contributions (cash and credit), we`ve been contemplating injecting some capital to fuel aggressive growth.  Can anyone provide advice on the general funding options, but what other channels offer creative funding alternatives?  We want to make sure we understand ALL of our options before moving forward.
The funding would be used for commercial space (leaning towards retail space over "office space" to ensure exposure to our target audience: busy professionals, harried parents), salaries (for owners and staff), and marketing.  We`re seeking enough capital to endure the cost of operations for two years -- costs relating to salaries, marketing, and advertising ... and the biggest expense: commercial space.

All responses are greatly appreciated!!!
jimnewman752/21/2008 12:31 PM

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Congratulations on making it through the first year.
    To help our clients, we have identified over 50 possible ways to bring capital into a business. (Too many to delineate here.) Finding your optimum capital strategy will depend upon your specific situation.
    The first step is to define more specifically how much capital is needed. This is best accomplished through a business planning process.
  • jimnewman75jimnewman75 subscriber Posts: 8
    I drafted the business plan back during our inception.  Naturally, things change over the course of a year, so I`ll need to revisit it and bring it up to speed.  Also, we`re "shopping" around to understand the expense related to commercial space, so I can give a more accurate capital value after we`ve completed our investigation.
    Thereafter, my next step would be ... ?  Contact "Business Growth Masters" for further consultation? 
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Jim,
    Couldn`t have said it better myself  
    Seriously, finding one`s optimum capital strategy is (we believe) a process. An experienced "guide" can help one move through the process smoothly and quickly.
    Since the facility may be one of your bigger expense items - it`s a good idea to have a "handle" on the costs.