WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Home Health Care

OhhBoyOhhBoy subscriber Posts: 5
edited February 2007 in Selecting a Business
Is there anyone here that is in the Home Health Care Industry and an Entrprenuer?  I need some help with some research. 

Comments

• OhhBoyOhhBoy subscriber Posts: 5
    Whew.. some of those reports are fairly pricey and old.  I really need to talk with someone that is currently in the industry. 
    Thanks for the link
  • CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    What type of Health Care? What information are you looking for?
    There is so much information out there on the Health Care industry, it all just depends on what you are looking for.
  • OhhBoyOhhBoy subscriber Posts: 5
    I am looking for information related to Home Health Care (i.e. Visiting Nurses, non-acute, non-medical care) that is covered by Medicare.  I am looking for finanical information on
    - Medicare reimbursement ratw
    - Average claim settlement time
    - % of claims rejected
    - Medicare Certification process
    -Typical Operating Margins
    - Average cost structures, etc
    I am a fairly savy researcher, however, what I am finding is rather polyannaish (and dated).  I would like someone that is close to the industry to better help me understand the true nature of the business. 
    Thanks!
  • CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    I used to be in the DME (durable medical equipment) industry. For ex. bathroom renovation, wheelchairs, and oxygen supplies. Our mark up on such materials was close to 100%. But we were also walking distance from the hospital (not that, that helped cause we were selling wheelchairs. Sorry had to go there!). But after checking out ElidS site: there was some good information. You might check out the following:
    - Medicare reimbursement law
    - % of claims rejected
    All other ?`s
    This report cost, but if it has everything you need it might save time
    Sorry if I am posting something that you have already found or read. But this is all that I could find as of now.