WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Why is Valet the most efficient business ?

MikeNMikeN subscriber Posts: 1
If you have a business or your going to start a business find a business like this. I had to write about my friend`s valet business he started because I thought it was the worst company in the world he could have started; but then he got his first job...
All he did was put his number, under valet, in the phone book and with in a couple of days he gets a call from a lady that had a valet job to park 30 cars and the party would last 5 hours.
Get this... he told the lady that valet for the party would be $500 and she said that she has call around and he was the best price she could find.
So my friend goes on POSTaNEED , cause its pretty big out here, and posts that he needs 2 divers with clean DMV records to valet for 5 hours at $10 per hour plus tips. Well you can figure out that he ended up paining his workers $100 all together and pocketed $400 for 5 hours.
He now averages 5 jobs like that a week and still just picks up drivers from POSTaNEED at $10 plus tips per hour.
To make a long story short, my friend, right now, makes $104,000 per year and works 25 hours per week. (5 jobs per week at an average of 5 hours and $400)
I feel like ever business could be like his and the key to his efficiency is to get workers when there is work.
If you have a business what is it ? and could you become more efficient by hiring workers when there was work ?

Comments

• Options
    jfernjfern subscriber Posts: 0

I have to give this shout out to www.POSTaNEED.com . They gave me a way where I can sell myself as a great landscaper by making a profile on their website for free and by hiring helpers, workers, day laborers or, what every you want to call theses temp employees, as I needed them.
    I just happened to stumble on this website here in this forum and I constantly need to hire workers as I get a job. So let me tell you without being able to post a need for workers I would be sitting on full time employees when at times I didn`t have jobs. I probably would have been able to stay in business as we all know how hard it is to start a business
    Anyways, thanks to everyone at the website for offering this free community for my business. I just wish I would have found it sooner !

jfern5/27/2008 2:23 PM