WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please Review AllBallz.Net

Parrothead90Parrothead90 subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2007 in Website Critique
Hello startupnation, I have just launched my new e-commerce site: [url=http://]www.allballz.net[/url]I did not design the site myself as I have no experience in web design and this is my first site ever.  I would appreciate all comments and criticism.  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    www.allballz.net</A>
    The site is fine for an ecommerce site.
    One drawback is the title of the page remains the same even if the viewer goes to different catagories.  It would be better (for search results) if the title changed with the content.
    You might want to check to see if your ecommerce program can accomodate that.
    ~Roland

• blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    13 products, thats it????
    Suggestion ... get more products ... fast!!!!
    No one wants to go to a store where the shelves are empty. Would you??
    Also, you require folks to se up an account, prior to buying. That sucks. In fact Nichole and others have commented on this function in another post under "To Login or Not to Login" in the Websites that work" category.blondieblue2007-10-28 2:48:32
  • Parrothead90Parrothead90 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the reviews.  I will work on changing the titles of the pages to be consistent with the product/categories. Currently in the process of adding more products.  Good point though.  With the software I am using, I do not believe I can change the account feature.  Unfortunately, it is part of the design.
  • blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    With the software I am using, I do not believe I can change the account feature.  Unfortunately, it is part of the design.
    Then may I suggest ... scrap the shopping cart ... and find one that works well .. but does not REQUIRE a Login in order to check out.
    I personally know of one that works great, provides off-line management of ALL your products, and does not REQUIRE a shopper to Login, prior to completing a purchase.
    Send me a PM and I`ll share it with you.
  • CoveredBridgeCellarsCoveredBridgeCellars subscriber Posts: 4
    The background is very tough on the eyes, you might try a light orange color instead. The layout is pretty good, but I think you could do better with the header/logo look and feel. Shopping cart login requirement might discourage some buyers. If you haven`t already I would get a google analytics account so you can monitor your exit pages, bounces, etc. in this regard. Good Luck!
  • Parrothead90Parrothead90 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the response Jeremy.  The biggest complaint about the site is by far the background.  But no one has offered a solution until you did; I appreciate that.  I realize that login might discourage some customers but I have honestly never seen an e-commerce site that did not require a customer to login.  I have analytics set up and monitoring the stats closely.