WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Interesting Blog Entry I Found

MelissaMelissa subscriber Posts: 7
Here`s a link to a blog entry that I found and thought was good for all of us to consider with respect to web design.  I haven`t really read anything that came before this posting, but I think the point regarding communication is invaluable.  It was highlighted in my RSS feed in my gmail box...love that feature!
y.php

Comments

• Cre8iveOneCre8iveOne subscriber Posts: 11
    Greetings!  Communication is key to all.If you don`t mind, where did you receive your certifications in event and wedding planning?  I`ve been considering ABC (among a few others) for the bridal certification for some time now and ISES for the CSEP, but  I have not made up my mind. Many thanks!
  • MelissaMelissa subscriber Posts: 7
    I`m currently taking the ABC Professional Development course. You should know it is *not* a certification program.  When finished, you`ve only earned a designation - the trademarked "Professional Bridal Consultant" - once you`ve graduated.
    As for my certifications, I earned them through U.S. Event Guide.  You can visit them online at www.useventguide.com</A>.  I chose them because there is an option after graduating to work for them as an independent contractor.  I still haven`t decided whether to take this route or strike out on my own.    For an additional small fee, they also include some hands-on training in your program.
    Let me know if you have any more questions. 
  • digitalvision313digitalvision313 subscriber Posts: 3
    Love the post!  It`s so true.  It`s all about communication.  Design supports the message, the message influences the design.Design IS worth it, just take the time to make the right design and have your mind open to different ideas.  The number one killer of projects is when there is some pre-conceived notion of what every pixel has to be, as opposed to what the focus should be: What do you want those pixels to influence people to do?
  • digitalvision313digitalvision313 subscriber Posts: 3
    The perfect example of packaging and design setting a brand and product apart is Apple.Although an iPod has a good interface (programming), and an easy way to get music (iTunes), there are other less-expensive mp3 players out there, some with longer battery life, others were released first, etc.But an iPod is an iPod.  It`s all about the nice white/black finish, bright screen, hip Apple stores... a great marketing experience, end-to-end.  Owning an iPod  is being part of something bigger and is portrayed as making a statement about you.  That`s how they charge $399 for something that others may offer for half the price.If the iPod didn`t have the excellent design behind it, it`d be nowhere, because it wouldn`t stand out from the bombardment of messages that is daily life.