WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Commercial Libility Insurance for Educators

GPImprovGPImprov subscriber Posts: 2
I am being informed by my auto/home insurance agent that their company does not cover educators for commercial liability. Not sure why, but she then sent me links on insurance for teachers- I mean classroom teacher teachers. Does anyone out there know if that is the direction I should head, or am I just dealing with a silly company?Thanks in advance for your help!Kerstin
GPImprov2006-9-10 22:53:47

Comments

• Options
    keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Kerstin,
    I don`t see you as an educator per se - you are a consultant - an Improv Consultant. I do understand your agents concern with all that goes on in our government schools and educators and such and wanting to protect the individual teacher and such .... but really - you are a small business person and I believe from an earlier post, you recently did an Sub-S incorporation. By doing your Sub-S you are already protecting your personal assets.
    Find another insurance agent - IMHO.
    R@
  • Options
    GPImprovGPImprov subscriber Posts: 2
    Would anyone have any recommendations as to what Insurance company they would recommend for commercial liability?Thanks,Kerstin
  • Options
    jaybeejaybee subscriber Posts: 0
    Would you be willing to share the links that were sent to you for
    classroom teacher liability insurance coverage?   Believe it or not, it would
    fit more for us being a start-up music teaching studio.

Here`s hoping.

Jaybee
  • Options
    conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    I was insured with Burlington Insurance for my commercial liability in my concierge business.