WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Product photos on eCommerce site

ruffneckruffneck subscriber Posts: 1
Anyone have any suggestions on how to create great looking product photos of my product to be uploaded to my site?
I`m not looking to spend alot of $$ in this area, I`m hoping for some do-it-yourself tips.
Thanks,
Ruffneck

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Lighting and a closeup view is important.  Of course a lot depends upon the product.
    You can take your own photos with most any digital camera imgaes do not have to be 300 px on the site 72px is fine.
    ~Roland
  • ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    If your going to use some digital camera make sure you use natural sun light for the photo they will turn out much better than using a flash at night. Also if you want a white background go get a sheet of white posterboard large like 24x36" and place it so that it creates a natural curve from the floor (where your product will sit on) up the wall (back side of photo) this will hide the seem between the floor and wall, make sure NOT to fold the posterboard, you want it to create a 1/4 pie shape. Then place your product and take the photo.
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    If you`re trying to do it yourself, I really agree with the natural sunlight comment. Even I break some general rules from time to time, but the natural sunlight (no flash) typically make the best shots. Just be careful about direct sunlight... it creates a glare.
  • ruffneckruffneck subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone for great advice!
    I`m going to go get some posterboard and start taking shots to see how they turn out.
  • smurph05smurph05 subscriber Posts: 2
    i would check out CameraJim.comIt shows some real simple staging examples for eBay photography.The size of your product will have a huge effect on the system you go with.
    I loved this site! I need product photography myself sometimes and i don`t have a lot of $$ to spend on it either. I do have a friend who is an amateur photographer and he has helped me out for a very small fee.