WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

EMail Marketing B2B - How to get opt-ins?

StartupMike80StartupMike80 subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Marketing
Hi everyone,
By the end of this year I will be launching a web based business that generates leads for a particular business segment. I am researching various ways to market to these businesses. So far I`ve thought of, direct mailing, PPC, and email marketing. I have ready access to all of the addresses & email information of nearly all of the businesses I`ll be marketing too. The obvious kicker is, I can`t just send these people unsolicited emails.
I`ll be using direct mailing on a small scale, but email marketing can potentially be very cost effective (especially since I`m on a very tight biz budget). So, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience/ideas on how to get businesses to opt-in to your emailing list?
Sincerely,
Mike

Comments

• redfishredfish subscriber Posts: 10
    Provide valuable information on your website and get it linked to.  I get signups to my newsletter from people who visit the website.  But I get visits to the website by participating in forums, writing articles for other websites, ect... Provide help, provide information of value and you`ll prove you`re expertise and people may sign up.
  • StartupMike80StartupMike80 subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, even mentioning my site on the forums related to my market will most likely result in a ban. That includes just having a link in my signature. They have pretty strict rules on this. What they do have is adsense ad blocks that I can target. That`s fine, but only a fraction of these business visit these forums, so I`m trying to find ways to reach them via email. But, getting them to opt-in is the tricky part.
    Any further suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • onlineoutboxonlineoutbox subscriber Posts: 0

Online Outbox provides an avenue for businesses large and
    small to deepen relationships with clients and prospects alike, by distributing
    content across their various networks, analyzing the results of their campaign,
    and tweaking their distribution to make their e-marketing ventures extremely
    profitable.On our team are designers and developers, a Search Engine
    Optimization guru, a copywriter and a marketing whiz.We`re here to make
    marketing a simple process. If we can be of service to your organization in any
    way, please let us know.

Email marketing service