WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What are the best ways to market your products?

smith8smith8 subscriber Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I have a new product
that I would like to make popular online. It is an accessory for the feminine
market and has its other ranges too. I have planned a website for that and
would be soon going online with that, I would like to know the strategies that
people employ at different times in order to market their products. I myself
have some planned in the schedule, but it would be interesting if I could get
some more ideas from the members here so that I can try the better ones that interest
me the most.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• SlowCookerMateSlowCookerMate subscriber Posts: 1
    If it is targeted towards women, you need to be networking with women.  Get involved in the forums where women hang out and get bloggers who have women as their audiances to blog about your product.  Women like to purchase products they hear their friends talking about.

Best of luck.
  • brainkingkingbrainkingking subscriber Posts: 2

There
    are lots of ways to make your product popularize. Sometimes, it also depends on
    what your products appeals to, but that is just a matter of chance as this is a
    thing considered at a later stage. For initial marketing, I think that when you
    have a website going on, you can go for online marketing like offering an
    affiliate program, join social networking, give something away but the best
    among the concepts is to place your ads in videos and publish them on sites
    that have videos for general viewing. This is a great way to make your product
    reach a million people as the number of them watching online videos is a lot
    more and to help you to gets adds in videos, http://www.adntube.comadntube
    offers an excellent platform for marketers to publish their videos by directors
    with adds.

brainkingking11/5/2008 11:34 AM
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    protect your trademark with a federal registration,

• redfishredfish subscriber Posts: 10
    I would say that you need to be specific about your target market before you can really determine the best avenues to invest in.  Simply a female market is too broad.  Would every female be equally as likely to want your product?  Or would business women?  Or stay-at-home moms?  Then you can begin by targeting those websites.  Pay for ads, but also participate in the forums.  If you can, write articles for those websites.  Become an expert and you might get noticed.
    Search ranking (SEO) of course is important.  And your best investment might be in a copy write for your website.  The better written, the better the sales.  Design can be important too!  Just don`t start funneling traffic to a website that`s going to scare people away (because they think it to be fraudulent, or unsecure).
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    redfish hit the nail hard - figure out who your market is (women? what age group? what status/demographic?) and then find out where they convene, what they read and what websites they visit? seems like something with viral potential?

online marketing is very broad and there is so much you can do. try a 2-3 means at a time and weed out the losers. stick to what works best for you and keep adding strategies that add to your exposure.  this site has a ton of articles on web marketing so focus on those.

in short try these proven white hat strategies:

must do basic SEO
    article marketing
    press releases
    forums, discussion groups etc (yahoo answers, SUN) 
    blogs (ones where your target audience frequently visit)
    social networks (facebook etc)
    online classifieds (craigslist etc)
    social bookmarking (redit, stumble, etc)
  • hellowebguyhellowebguy subscriber Posts: 1
    Start by taking a look at your competitors.
    Look at their website. Make your`s look better. Make it easier to navigate and lead customers through the checkout process. Give more information about the problem your product solves and the benefits. Basically, make it convert better than your competitors.
    2. How do they market their products? Affiliate Program, SEO, Social Media, PPC, Wholesale, Dropship, Offline, Print, Radio, TV, etc...
    Do what your successful competitors are doing. Then do it better.