WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

PRWeb - free distribution no more...

LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
edited August 2008 in Public Relations
Wow! Since 1997 PRWeb.com has offered free press release distribution
online. It`s been a great marketing/promotion tool for entrepreneurs and small businesses. As of last month, free distribution exists no more. PRLeap is still offering free (and paid) press release distribution.- J.

Comments

• PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Jeff,
    Yes, PR Web has been very helpful. However, there are still various niche sites that accept free press releases.
    Entrepreneurs can still use http://www.free-press-release.com/</A>, local papers and other sites for free listings. It takes some extra effort to add the information online, but you can get a good media hit in the process.
    Melanie

• LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Entrepreneurs can still use http://www.free-press-release.com/, local papers and other sites for free listings. It takes some extra effort to add the information online, but you can get a good media hit in the process.Thanks for the additional resource.PRWeb has always been VERY successful in bringing me industry, national and international exposure with paid or free submissions.  As an independent business person I don`t know that I will use the resource any longer with a base price of $80 for all submissions.My most successful press release efforts have always been those making use of my personally created list of newspaper editors/writers, magazine editors/writers, publishers, clients, former clients, potential clients, vendors, friends, family, industry web resources, and others.- J.
    Hi Jeff,
    I agree. The best press always comes from taking the time to understand the needs of specific media members, creating a working relationship and providing the right stories when necessary.
    Like anything else in life, there is no easy way to get results...but if you put the work in, you will see success!
    Melanie
  • SnoMonSnoMon subscriber Posts: 4
    Another option for free press releases is www.pr.com.Just thought I`d share...
  • amacgi1amacgi1 subscriber Posts: 2
    We`ve used PR Web in the past but opted to pay the $80 for distribution. We got an increased distribution, the opportunity to tag our press release and stats on how many times it was read, etc.So free`s nice, but what`s $80? Especially with added features. Beats PR NewsWire for a couple hundred.Andrew
    So free`s nice, but what`s $80?
    $80 is a lot of a monthly marketing/promotion budget for one person businesses and small "mom & pops" if they hope to send out press releases on a regular basis.  My major corporate clients wouldn`t have a problem with it - but the clients I enjoy working with the most - very small businesses and nonprofits - would balk at the cost. Luckily there are still other no cost/low cost options available for that portion of my client base.- J.
    All-in-all, it`s nice to know that there are several choices of PR distribution at various price ranges.
    With this in mind, I think it`s important for small business owners to do some research prior to "just sending out a release" or following what a competitor is doing. This way, it`s possible to find a good distribution choice that will be more likely to produce results cost-effectively.
    Melanie
    A designer friend of mine, on another forum, posted that he`s had a lot of luck with PRLog.org.- J.
  • Jason5yuanJason5yuan subscriber Posts: 3
    Is it useful to submit one press release to multiple services?  Or they pretty much have the same distribution.  I used PR zoom and PR leap before.
  • subajanasubajana subscriber Posts: 0
    Title:Send Flowers and Gifts to delhi
    Description: Send flowers,Gifts,cakes and many more items for all occasions
     in Delhi,Noida,Foridabad,Gurgoan and Gaziazbad, Same day delivery
     is possible.visit-www.delhionlinegifts.com
     url- http://www.delhionlinegifts.com

contact no- 91-9886618866