WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business plan writer

ethanvnethanvn subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2008 in Business Planning
Hi,
I need to write a business plan to acquire funds from venture capital but I am not very good with writing.  Can I hire someone to write the business?  Should I concern that the person who wrote the business plan can use the plan to start the business?  Does anyone know any legit companies that write business plan?

Thanks,

Ethan.

Comments

• Options
    StartUpSmartStartUpSmart subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Ethanvn,

That is exactly what we do with a focus on arming entrepreneurs with tools, such as a plan, to pitch their concepts effectively to investors. A plan is only one tool that you should consider having in place when approaching VC. We can help round-out your offering.

I`d love to learn more about your business. Please feel free to contact me directly at jclark@startupsmart.net. (There are several good business plan experts in this forum and I wouldn`t be concerned that any of them would take your plan to start the business)

I look forward to the conversation!

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member

Hi,I need to write a business plan to acquire funds from venture capital but I am not very good with writing.  Can I hire someone to write the business?  Should I concern that the person who wrote the business plan can use the plan to start the business?  Does anyone know any legit companies that write business plan? Thanks,
    Ethan.
     Ethan,There are a number of "legit" resources who offer business plan services - including us.Our methodology is to assist clients in developing the plan because we beleive it should be your plan. Furthermore, a plan, while an essential element in the funding process, is not all one needs to successfully acquire capital - so we work with our clients to ensure they are Capital Ready. I suggest "interviewing" several providers before you make a choice. Send me a PM if you would like to arrange a conversation. robertj12/5/2008 10:21 AM
  • Options
    RetiredMember5RetiredMember5 subscriber Posts: 0
    There are a lot of companies and consultants on the internet that write business plans.  However, for some free and/or inexpensive templates, check out our FREE entrepreneur guide, we include a number of suggestions.
  • Options
    strategicratingstrategicrating subscriber Posts: 0
    Looking for help with creating a Business Plan?
    Scope:  Your strategy is the foundation of your business plan, be it for acquiring financing or just a better business. Develop a mindmap first of your landscape - i.e. Enterprise, Your product or service (what, how used), your market (by usage or other characteristics), Your marketing and sales (from brochures to channels), your competition (industry and specific players to you), Your production (or service delivery - how you produce), Your materials and inventory, Suppliers and Financials.
    Test it: Even some of the best looking plans are flawed, so it would be a good idea to get it tested for Free.   Strategicrating.com offer a no-cost assessment, along with helpful suggestions.
    Sample:  There are many formats for Business plans, but it`s the strategy told within that makes the difference. Sample Business plans should only be reviewed for format vs. content.  It`s unlikely that you will find one appropriate to your business with a good strategy for you - Business plans are semi-confidential and no competitor with a good strategy will want it ever shown to his competition.
    Note:  The samples do work better during times of economic prosperity.
    Thinking Strategy:  Stories and case studies of great Business strategy are just the type of catalyst you need next to develop the strategy for your plans.  Unlike sample business plans or fill-in templates, you shouldn`t be looking for the specific tactics, but rather the strategy or objectives in play.  As it`s often difficult to find these sources, we`ve made many of them available at www.strategicrating.com/stories/business_strategy.html... enjoy!
    Strategy: Now write down (a) your key objectives for the next year (w/specific timing and cost figures), (b) your priorities, and finally, (c) A set of action plans for each objective.
    Format:  While there are many styles of plans, your only concern should be that it is in the format preferred by the SBA, banks and investors.  Luckily, if you use any of the leading commercial Business Plan packages like those from Planware, BPlans, or Business Plan Pro, they are all compliant.
    The Google Video referenced below (that we also use on our site) is packed with the information you need to put all the pieces together (except for possibly some additional research).  We`ve reviewed a ton of videos, and could find no one else who offered better insights.
     at http://www.videojug.com/interview/busin ... ould-i-use
    Closing:  Strategicrating.com has turned the Business plan and strategy planning process into a combination of an art and a science. Please don`t hesitate to visit us for more help.