WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Brand and Business format

JaylJayl subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2006 in Business Planning
Hey everyone,I am somewhat new to the business world per say and would like some advice. Before I get to the question, let me tell you what my plan is then go from there.I want to start a corporation (Zephyr Corporation) that will be the base company of my business ventures. I have a varity of different ideas that I want to eventually develop into business under the Zephyr name, a brand. The first brand product I want to start is an online store called Zephyr Gear. It is designed to play to the niche market of adventure and extreme sports and living. Something similar to the Virgin Group and brand. (Bad example now that I think of it since their business structure is complex with different people running the companies and Branson owning the brand name... ) Zephyr Gear will have different items for sale with the ZG brand logo on it such as t-shirts, equipment (backpacks, skateboards, etc.) caps, music (not with brand), books. And also some items without the brand logo on it like BMX bikes, music, DVDs etc.Now to the question, after I have formed the main company, Zephyr Corporation, will I have to set up Zephyr Gear as a different company or something different? Thanks for the advice.

Comments