WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Press Release Success

JobYouDeserveJobYouDeserve subscriber Posts: 11
edited October 2007 in Public Relations
Hello, everyone!
What is the best way to submit press releases?  I like PRWeb, but what about others (PRZoom, WebProWire, etc.)?  Are they all the same, or are there key differences?
Or...what about submitting them directly to a newspaper or magazine?  Is that a waste of time?
Thanks! 

Comments

• farmerscottyfarmerscotty subscriber Posts: 3
    I posted a press release on PRWeb and have had over 65000 people look at it, over 650 organizations or whatever read it......I cannot tell it has done anything for me on my website as far as driving traffic to me.  It was released on July 25th.  Mine had to do with outside wood heaters. .... I got a 4 out of 5 rating from the editors........but I don`t know what it has done if anything.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/7/prweb416215.htm</A>

I hope others with more experience will tell us something about this.........

Farmerscotty in Missouri
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    What is the best way to submit press releases?  I like PRWeb, but what about others (PRZoom, WebProWire, etc.)?  Are they all the same, or are there key differences?
    Or...what about submitting them directly to a newspaper or magazine?  Is that a waste of time?
    Here`s an article about my press release experience:  The Power of the press (release)- J.
  • jhuskissonjhuskisson subscriber Posts: 0
    PrWeb looks like a great resource Thanks for pointing that out - it`ll be very useful
  • RelishRelish subscriber Posts: 1
    I
    typically send my latest press releases directly to national magazines
    and newspapers. I have gotten some good response and our business
    Relish! was highlighted in Redbook and USA Weekend. I have found that
    the follow up phone call has been the biggest key to our success in
    being highlighted in a very tarketed national magazine.
    I`d like to try the sites that you suggest too. I think that you have to try a lot of different angles.
    Thanks.

Karen
  • advancepaydayadvancepayday subscriber Posts: 2
    I will definately be checking PRWeb out!
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Jeff,
    Thanks for sharing your information and article with us. It contains some valuable tips!
    Melanie
  • mvr47mvr47 subscriber Posts: 0
    thank you Jef.
    This is very useful for me. I know this is a great way to get attention but I , myself, am a little unsure because English is not my native language.

Hi Everyone,
    To get the word out about your business, I highly suggest picking up the phone and contacting media members directly. You will probably get more targeted results than simply sending out a press release to a blanket list of media members.
    Press releases are good tools for building relationships and reminding the press you are current. PR Web is a good source, as we`ve mentioned. Also do a search for free, press-release posting sites on a regular basis. You can post your press release on numerous sites at no charge. This takes extra time and effort - but it`s free.
    Melanie
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    You might consider whether a press release is the best way to tell your story.  If you make a list of the top ten media venues that would be ideal for your message, why not start at the top and offer your news to the reporter who writes for that publication or media outlet and covers your industry? Every reporter wants a chance to run with news first.  If you offer your information to that reporter first and give him or her access to the deal makers and experts associated with it, you could earn far more "ink" than if you were to send the same news to everyone all at once.  Think about that as you decide your next steps.  Best wishes.
    This all depends on the content of the press release and what industry the submitter of the press release is.  If you`re in retail, this may not apply to you.
  • povlalaspovlalas subscriber Posts: 0
    I used NationalPressAgent.com and got an unbelievable response on my product line.They got me on a ticker on the NYSE and I had a ton of products of my hair products sold in hours
    PRWeb offers a cost-effective way to "get the word out," but be careful of any stats you read about press-release distribution or advertising.
    What really matters is that you received some media coverage, increased awareness and credibility, and/or experienced some results on your site or at your brick-and-mortar business from your efforts.
    Melanie