WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

website idea

TripleLTripleL subscriber Posts: 4
edited December 2007 in Business Planning
please tell me all i need to know about creating a website, i got a great idea for a website/business, so any input is much appreciated! thanks!

-LLLIV

Comments

• Options
    TripleLTripleL subscriber Posts: 4
    everything lol, i may know someone to build it, but just tell me everything please.
  • Options
    PiperTaxPiperTax subscriber Posts: 5
    Wordpress and Joomla are great tools for designing the site. Both are pretty easy to use.
    In terms of hosting you`ll want to think about how much traffic you expect, as some hosting services are less expensive, but won`t handle huge volumes of traffic.
  • Options
    ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR subscriber Posts: 4
    No one knows everything there is to know about building a website.  There is many ways to accomplish building a website with one specific function in mind, and there are thousands of options to consider.  If you are looking for someone who does know everything, your best hope is Google.
    If you do want helpful info, you are going to have to get bit more specific about what you want your website to do.
  • Options
    curdnerdcurdnerd subscriber Posts: 3
    TripleL--if you could be more specific about your idea, it will be easier to tell you "everything there is to know" (or at least start the learning process). There are so many different kinds of websites out there, all with different means of creation. Here`s a question that will help you be more specific: What type of business will your website be? E-Commerce? Ad-supported content site? Database-driven information site? Web application? These are just a few of the many possibilities out there. You should be able to answer this without giving away too much of your idea.