WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

marketing items/give aways

MonicaGMonicaG subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2006 in Marketing
Hi all,
I would like to know the consenses on brandishing my logo on a usb plastic holder for a freebee to drive traffic to my site.
My nature of business is web marketing, I`ve scoured pages&pages of marketing products-but keep coming back to this idea..Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Monica,

I am a distributor of promotional products. You are thinking in the
    right direction by tying the item into the type of services/products
    you offer. By choosing an item with a higher intrinsic value, this will
    pro-long the life of your brand in your customer`s mind. Another idea
    to consider is mouse pads.

If there is a specific event/show that you have coming up, it is also
    nice to relate the item to not only your brand/company, but to the
    event itself.

Please let me know if I can help  you in any way.

Regards,

Jackede
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    Monica -I do think that trying to find a unique marketing item, that is directly related to your business in some way, is a great tactic to take.  Do give a great deal of consideration to the end-user.  Is your speciality marketing item they will actually use or see on a regular basis - or will it just collect dust or end up out of sight in a drawer/box?I don`t need or want any more traditional ballpoint pens, pencils, coffee cups, travel mugs or mouse pads.  I`ve received way too many of each over the years - and I don`t even use a mouse pad with my infra-red mouse at my desk or with my PowerBook when I`m traveling.  Most of the travel mugs I get don`t even fit into the cupholders of my car or truck.  In looking over useful things I`ve received recently as promotional items the ones that are still around are:  high quality desktop calendars, inexpensive canvas travel bags, canvas "briefcases" (that my 17-inch PowerBook can fit in if I want to run to a local coffeeshop with it and not take my whole computer travel case), small fabric bags that I can stick computer cords and "stuff" in when on the road, T-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball caps and a couple really nice water bottles.  The ones I probably keep on my desk and use the most are customized Post-It notes.  A recent promo that I`ve used a lot is a USB pen I received from a client - it`s been great for loading a file from my desktop system at the last minute as I head out the door on a business trip.  I still use a small, high quality, pocket-sized tape measure that a business gave me over 20 years - and have used the business` services many times over two decades.  None of the items actually make me run to my computer and immediately go to any specific web site.  However, because I am actually using them on a regular basis, I am constantly reminded of the business promoting themselves with their logo on the piece.  Just this weekend I was using one of the fabric "briefcases" I received two years ago from a paper manufacturing firm.  It reminded me that I needed to contact the company about some of their latest samples. The most successful marketing item I`ve ever used for my own business is a plain old white T-shirt with my logo in black on the front and back.  I`ve given them to clients, vendors, family and friends - making them all walking billboards for my business.  I always ask people contacting me how they learned of my business.  Over the past ten years I`ve had quite a few people respond with "You`re not going to beleive this, but I saw your logo on a T-shirt..."  For something that cost less than $5.00 a piece to produce at the time, I`ve received an incredible return on the effort.All the best - J.
    LogoMotives2006-8-22 9:51:26
  • Options
    JackedeJackede subscriber Posts: 1
    Jeff,  you were fortunate to have good results with the t-shirt
    idea. There is though a life and death to a shirt and not everyone
    wears them and most of the time they are kept inside a drawer. You are
    right to state that it depends on who you you are giving your giveaway
    to, however it really depends on who your customer is. A mousepad,
    although overdone at times, gives you that brand identity and
    recognition when the user sits at the computer and is in the working
    mode....The key is designing it in such a way that people will want to
    use it and have it on their desk.

jackede

• Options
    admanadman subscriber Posts: 3
    how about a USB drive key fob or those little calendars that fit on top of the Function keys on a traditional keyboard.