WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Transportation Service

tiakrichtiakrich subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Startup Funding
I need some direction on where to start to run a  small transportation business directed only to seniors in rural areas primrly but not exlusively. I`ve looked into getting government contracts. wanted to know if anyone had information for start up money,loans or grants that would support this type of venture. I`ve looked into the cost for mobility buses and have all the facts . Does anyone have or know someone who has a transportation business?

Comments

• TALTOATALTOA subscriber Posts: 0
    T.K. I know this is late, but for ayones future reference...

Any type of commercial transportation business requires the proper authority through the FMCSA. Depending on the type of operation you are setting up would depend on the authority you would need.

In addition to that is insurance. For a trucking company to be issued their authority the insurance minimums are $750,000.00 liability and $10,000.00 cargo. Both of which you will want more of, keep in mind these are the minimums for haveing your authority issued.

Please feel free to visit our site and call if you have more questions...
    TALTOA6/18/2008 7:33 AM
  • kaatikaati subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you so much Thank you so much for sharing great creative resources to follow I really appreciate

[url=http://www.diigo.com/user/katrinalaw?domain=www.regalsedan.com
    ]Transportation to dulles airport
    [/url]