WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Economical way to get Press Releases out

skbohlerskbohler subscriber Posts: 11
edited January 2009 in Public Relations
Hello,

I have a series of press releases I`d like to get out. Of course, I want them to get in the hands of as many journalists as possible.

Is there a more economical approach than paying the several hundred dollars EACH to places like PRWeb?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Steve

Comments

• PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Steve,
    Have you tried calling the targeted reporters with your story first? You will probably get a lot more coverage if you pitch your story directly to the media members and then send them your press release as a follow-up.
    For more money-saving ideas, check this site at:
    c-relations.htm
    Also, there is a list of free sites for posting press releases at:
    http://nbm.typepad.com/shopfloor_blog/</A>
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks,
    Melanie
  • skbohlerskbohler subscriber Posts: 11
    Thanks for your reply.

Any idea where I can find a list of media contacts?

Steve
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    You`ll need to do some online research. You may want to develop a list of your top five media venues and then visit the appropriate websites to find the right contact people.
    Melanie
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi Steve,

I know of a great service that is effective and affordable. The web address is www.pennypinchingpublicity.com . You get 1 press release per month, can use templates if needed, get advice and have access to media lists. This is a friend of mine and also someone we do business with. Our members have used the service and have had a great response from the media. If you have any questions, let me know. This is also run by the PR firm that our company is a client of. Shannon is very reputable and will be adding new features to help your business "get heard".

Erin
  • skbohlerskbohler subscriber Posts: 11
    Perfect, Thanks Shonika!
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    skbohler,

been a while since your last post.  any updates on what worked best?  this is a very good question you ask and unfortunately not much unbiased info out there on the best mass distribution PR software or services out there.  most people tend to think software like press equalizer is automated when the reality is that it still involves manually submitting.  it just reduces the time it takes significantly. 

my team has always submitted manually. it does take a lot of time.  and if your goal is to get the backlinks and not generate buzz/press then it becomes more important to  use your time most effectively.  that said, what are the best mass distribution services out there for PR?

what has been your experience? what has worked best for you at the most reasonable price?