WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Help with TV and video marketing

pupcentricpupcentric subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2007 in Public Relations
Hello SuN,I was recently contacted by a product researcher of the "International Shopping Network", which is basically a marketing/distribution company that has lots of those 1-800 product commercials. At first I thought, oh great another scam, but after talking with the company rep I`m not 100% sure if it is a scam. Does anyone know of this company and how much it usually costs to get a TV commercial made and marketed nation-wide? Regardless if this company is a scam I am still interested in getting a commercial made and putting it on TV in various markets, so an advice would be greatly appreciated!the company`s website is http://www.internationalshoppingnetwork.com/Thanks...Pupcentric
pupcentric2007-5-25 13:10:11

Comments

• pupcentricpupcentric subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you, LisaPR, I truly appreciate the advice. I agree that their website is too vague, I even looked them up at the BBB and got nothing.  When I called the company to inquire why the BBB had no info about them, my contact told me to go to their website to learn more about the company, humm not very helpful.I contacted you directly so I look forward to speaking to you soon. 
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Cartess,
    Thanks for sharing this great information with everyone! It`s always good to hear cost-effective marketing ideas that work!
    Melanie
    Thank you so much Cartess!I actually have a digital video of me demoing my product at a tradeshow in my nice booth with lots of product around, but I didn`t really know what to with it because it wasn`t professional enough to send a cable TV station for a commercial, but YouTube is perfect!And as far as that company is concerned, I really go with my gut and I never sent them the product sample on Friday and actually started talking with another SuN member in the Atlanta area about PR. Atlanta is a great city with lots of industry pull, but still appreciates stories about local success. I think the new PR approach paired with the YouTube video will be a great one-two combo punch to boost sales and get public support!Thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~jamye
    I just looked at your videos on YouTube, perfect!!! Very effective, I want to sign up for magic school!!! LoL very clear and very articulate, just great! I could redo my video in the park or something and have my little dog with me...you just sparked my brain going, so thanks a bunch!!!!~jamye
    Ok I`ve checked YouTube for pet product related videos and not much interest in those, some only have two views...but funny dog videos are a big hit, good thing I have a funny little dog, I`ll have to think of some way to make a funny dog video and have the product there somehow.
    Hi Cartess,Great ideas, I`ve actually come up with two types of videos that could result in a cult following...."Adventures with Zoe-Joe" or "Training Zoe-Joe", I kind of like "Adventures with Zoe-Joe" cause that could include our travel adventures, trips to see grandma, trips to the park, dinner in the park, all with the EBD Carry-all in plain view and a nice plug at the end! Also, a video on grooming long haired dogs and putting bows in dogs hair, really hard for me to master that technique!! And everyone always asks me how do i keep her still to put all the bows in her hair! I`m gonna have fun with this!Thanks a bunch....I`m in East Point, GA
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi Pupcentric,
    I love the "Adventures with Zoe Joe" idea and think a lot of people will find this fun, educational and interesting.
    Once you decide on a name for your video/marketing campaign, it may be a good idea to look into protecting it with a trademark and also reserving the appropriate website domain. This idea just may take off quickly, and you`ll want to have everything ready in advance.
    Best of luck,
    Melanie

• MNMtgGuyMNMtgGuy subscriber Posts: 3
    I would love to get your input on a service I`ve been trying to implement.
    http://www.myvideotalk.net/95152</A>
    You can create your own video email (and embed the video into your website). This service runs as little as $5.95/month.
    I`d welcome your comments.

• sitemadesimplesitemadesimple subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Pupcentric,
    I own a web design firm and I purchased a HelloWorld account for myself to use with my clients and I also recommend it for my clients to use.  I agree with the posts that video is the way to go to be in front of your clients. You can podcast, video blog, IM chat and manage your media all in one place. This also gives you the ability to have your own internet television station -too cool!
    I am using this service to train my clients after the sale and to also make classes available online for sale.  You learn more about the uses at www.broadcastlivevideo.com</A>
    So much stuff for $9.95 a month and a $30 webcam!  I liked the product so well that I signed up as an affiliate to be able to market it to my clients too.
    Good luck with your endeavors.
    Christine Burke
    www.sitemadesimple.com</A>
  • cubefeedcubefeed subscriber Posts: 1
    For a TV marketing campaign, I would not advise anyone to use spotrunner.  You would do better by going directly to the local broadcaster of your choice and directly negotiating with them.
    I just used spotrunner for a marketing campaignc and it was nightmare. 
    1.  Their sales staff tried to upsell me on my campaign. 
    2.  The cost advertised by this outfit is very misleading.  I ended up paying double the spotrunner system quoted amount for my campaign.
    3.  They do not guarantee or even know when your ad campaign will run with the networks that say that they work with.
    To really add salt to the wound, my ad campaign never ran.  The local stations do not have any information about my campaign, neither does spotrunner.  I am still getting the run around from spotrunner.
  • QoofQoof subscriber Posts: 1
    If you already have a video, my company, Qoof, allows you to easily upload your video and you can then enter your website url and we automatically connect the video with where you want it to point to. And yes it is 100% FREE.
    We then give you the code for you to post the video anywhere you want.
    You can learn more at www.qoof.com</A>.
    Let me know what you think!
    Wow, thank you so much for all this info on getting my videos out there!
    Qoof, Thank you for the link, I was telling my web designer about how MySpace has changed the web coding world by having all these amazing code tools online now, most for free! I will check it out because I knew of a slideshow player and several music players that I use in MySpace designs, but I never used video, so thank you for the knowledge!
  • BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5

For a TV marketing campaign, I would not advise anyone to use spotrunner.  You would do better by going directly to the local broadcaster of your choice and directly negotiating with them.
    I just used spotrunner for a marketing campaignc and it was nightmare. 
    1.  Their sales staff tried to upsell me on my campaign. 
    2.  The cost advertised by this outfit is very misleading.  I ended up paying double the spotrunner system quoted amount for my campaign.
    3.  They do not guarantee or even know when your ad campaign will run with the networks that say that they work with.
    To really add salt to the wound, my ad campaign never ran.  The local stations do not have any information about my campaign, neither does spotrunner.  I am still getting the run around from spotrunner.

Thank you for sharing this.  I had looked at spotrunner`s campaign a while ago and didn`t know just how effective they were.  Such a shame that people promise more then they can deliver. 
    To the person who recommended Qoof!:
    Great idea!  I am certainly going to recommend it and let my friends know about it.  What a great idea and so important for small business owners!  I will link to you guys from my websites!Blupanther2007-6-6 10:12:17
  • QoofQoof subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks! We are currently paying $5.00 for the next 200 videos that are uploaded. So not only is it free, but we will pay you!