WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Free Marketing/PR Advice

shayla2004shayla2004 subscriber Posts: 19
edited December 2007 in Marketing
Hi, all!
I am providing free one-on-one marketing and public relations advice. So, if you need help writing press releases, proofreading and editing, and/or developing marketing/PR strategies, just email me at shayla2004@gmail.com.
Thanks,
Shayla

Comments

• Options
    cforellcforell subscriber Posts: 2
    I am very interested in this. Please email me at charles@safeformyfamily.com
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    Shayla, how are you planning on making any money by giving away free advice? Yes, like others here, I give away a certain amount of free advice here on the forum - but for the most part, it`s generic advice. Helpful, but very vanilla. When clients approach me outside of the forum and ask for my help,  they have to pay me to get the meat and potatoes.

I`m not questioning your motives, I`m just curious, that`s all. Unless of course, you`re not in it to make any money. Then that`s an entirely different matter altogether.

Dale King

DKing11/25/2007 9:01 AM
  • Options

Shayla, how are you planning on making any money by giving away free advice? Yes, like others here, I give away a certain amount of free advice here on the forum - but for the most part, it`s generic advice. Helpful, but very vanilla. When clients approach me outside of the forum and ask for my help,  they have to pay me to get the meat and potatoes. I`m not questioning your motives, I`m just curious, that`s all. Unless of course, you`re not in it to make any money. Then that`s an entirely different matter altogether. Dale King   

Thanks for your concern, but I providing free advice to build my reviews and credibility.
    Shayla
  • Options
    JoetheRoadWarriorJoetheRoadWarrior subscriber Posts: 2
    Shayla - Great Response!!

The global marketplace is full of "consultants" with "advice" who want to charge for their services! I come across them everyday here in SE Michigan. Having successfully worked in 54 countries during my career, I have "discovered" that if one focuses on that "balloon" in the corner of your wall at home - the one with SUCCESS printed on it - money will surely follow.

"FOCUS ON SUCCESS - THE MONEY WILL FOLLOW" quoted from Mr. Rick Weaver`s new book entitled "Life`s Leadership Lessons"

Have a great and successful week.

Joe Cool   aka Joe the Road Warrior  aka Kwadwo Cool (in Akan language in Ghana)
    JoetheRoadWarrior11/25/2007 12:46 PM
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    "FOCUS ON SUCCESS - THE MONEY WILL FOLLOW"

She can achieve the exact same goal in this forum, without giving away the store. All of the advice dispensed on this forum is given free of charge. In my opinion, you lose credibility when you give away too much free advice. Not only does it give the appearance of being desperate, you`ll also attract a lot of freebie-seekers. Be that as it may, whatever floats your boat, Shayla!

Dale King
    DKing11/25/2007 6:06 PM
  • Options
    ummsufyanummsufyan subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Shayla,

I think what your doing is excellent, and by doing this you wil be reaching out to alot of people at the grass root level, who may be starting out, and need some genuine advise, while needing to look after th epennied-surely we can all relate to this.

These very people will then spread the word and even come back at a later date when they have the big bucks and work with you again.

I would love to team up with you, and I `d like to know about your prices after our inital consultation.

I`m very busy with the launch of my fairtrade online boutique.  I`m so busy with order, sourcing new fabrics, ordering, that I do need a good marketing action plan to reach more customers successfully!

www.ethikaboutique.com

I have offered a buy one get one free for all first time buyers, but with little response.
    I`m sure its the limited range, and of course I`m due to add to it very soon!

Great success to you all, Be good, be just, and always give a little back, because on day it will come back to you!

Rubana Ahmad.
    Ethika Boutique.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for participating in the free marketing/pr promotion. It is currently now closed. Thanks again