WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Website creation software

FastMoneyFastMoney subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Building A Website That Works
Hello,
I was recently planning on buying website building software.  I was wondering what would be the best software to purchase for an online website.
Thanks

Comments

• FastMoneyFastMoney subscriber Posts: 2
    i would like to create an e-commerce website...
    tell me more..
  • MeylemansCustomDecksMeylemansCustomDecks subscriber Posts: 1
    I would like to piggy back on this question.  I am looking to design a website only to showcase my work(construction/deck building) and link to product information pages.  I have both a Mac and an Windows computer.
  • MpyreDzirezMpyreDzirez subscriber Posts: 3
    I would like to piggy back on this question.  I am looking to design a website only to showcase my work(construction/deck building) and link to product information pages.
    I`m hoping that you are asking as to what might be included in an "informational site" vs an "e-commerce site".
    I`m hoping that you are not thinking of designing your own site.
    If thats the case ... may I ask one question ...
    Why do you design and build decks? Why not just give folks the designs, sell them the lumber & supplies ... and they can build their own.?
    Why? Because you are a professional !! And you know how to build a deck well.
    Thats the same reason why you have a design team design, impliment and maintain your web site.
    I learned way back when ...
    Do what you do best best .... and contract out for everything else.
    Now that we`ve settled that. What exactly are you looking do with this "informational site"? 
     Woah boss! With all do respect, I do see you are a professional but this is still a site basically for people to teach themselves. I do understand your stress with the issue of people all over trying to do their own web designs, as I am a web developer also. I think all of us professionals here on this site should be willing to offer atleast 3 senteneces of helpful text and then we can pitch. My philosophy and basis of my business is to get them started, build the relationship and trust, and then upon proving yourself beneficial to their business, is when you are rewarded with their business.With that said I offer the carpenter and anyone else to read into Joomla. I turned my wife onto Joomla this month and since she has created www.techteacheronline.com. I had to many other pages to play webmaster too. We needed her to have a professional looking solution that she could learn quickly. We also needed a solution that she would be able to maintain with out any programming knowledge. Joomla fit this criteria perfectly. It also needs to be said that having no website in 2006 is bad, but having an ugly/outdated website in 2006 is even worse. Please take as much pride as you have in your business into your website also. I could not stress enough... how important the appearance, function, and benefits of your web presence are to your business.
  • wifistudioswifistudios subscriber Posts: 1
    Well, it is good to see you wanting to build your own website and having full control of layout is very important, but you also want something that is easy to edit/upgrade and won`t take your focus off of your business.

If you are looking for a complete all-in-one website builder with shopping cart, I suggest SiteWebBuilder.com, because you want to make sure that building your own website is right for you. You can try the online eCommerce site builder for 10 days free and/or have a 100% money back with 30 days if you are not happy.

Plus, you can always hire them to build a professional looking site for $399 and it will be done in 10 business days if you want a specific custom feel to your site.

They have a 24/7 technical support team that can help you, so I am wishing you the best for you new venture!
  • movingsoftwaremovingsoftware subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Here are some of the most popular softwares used for web designing:1. Adobe Dreamweaver2. Web Studio3. Coffee Cup Studio Designer4. Rapid Weaver5. Evrsoft First Page 2006
  • FaaastCashFaaastCash subscriber Posts: 0
    For e-commerce websites, I won't recommend to buy a website. Hire a professional and affordable company who can built your website. CMS will be a great idea because at later stage you can yourself can do some editing.
    While developing a website you can get some applications added too which on buying you can't get.
  • noahwilsonnoahwilson subscriber Posts: 62 Bronze Level Member
    I think you should be purchase Adobe Dreamweaver its best software to design and developed website easily.
  • AngelaAdamAngelaAdam subscriber Posts: 0
    These days there are so many website creation softwares avaialble in the market.
    Top Website creation software list:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/know-your-enem ... -websites/

• EmmaRonneyEmmaRonney subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I would like to recommend Shopify and Wix. Both are easy to handle and offer free packages, so you can check them out without paying anything, and then upgrade if you like them. I also love their templates, especially Wix's, they are very stylish (for example, http://www.webbuildersguide.com/) Hope it helps and good luck!
  • Adam JonesAdam Jones subscriber Posts: 124 Silver Level Member

When it comes to building websites, understanding what is a good website builder software (or platform) and how to pick one for you will help you move forward in creating your own website.

There is a lot of website builder software in the market nowadays to help you create your own website, even if you don’t have any technical knowledge.
    1. Wix.com
    2. Squarespace
    3. Jimdo
    4. Weebly

• Randi MillerRandi Miller administrator Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    If you are selling products then definitely use BigCommerce or Shopify. If you just need a portfolio site then use Squarespace or Wix. Need a blog? Then go with Wordpress.com All of these are pretty easy to get up and running within a few hours to a day. 
    Making the web a better place!

Randi Miller
    Geek Guy
  • CarlbrewsterCarlbrewster subscriber Posts: 160 Silver Level Member
  • salenadamsalenadam subscriber Posts: 99 Silver Level Member
    Website Creation Softeware are:
    • Wix – easy to use editor with great support, beautiful templates and innovative features and apps, free plans available or from $4.50/mo
    • Squarespace – a design oriented website builder, with templates that look good on all devices, from $12/mo