WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Contract ?

bigslickbigslick subscriber Posts: 4
edited November 2007 in Business Planning
Hi,
I finally had my product manufactured after 3 years, yes! and potentially have a company who will sell the product outside of the US and pay me royalties. 
I now have the task of developing a contract with the terms, etc. and wanted to find out if anybody knows of any good free templates or sites that could get me started with contract.  I am not sure where to start.
Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    pepperlegalpepperlegal subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Ryan,
    Personally, I would not want to bet the future of my business on a free template.  I recommend getting professional legal advice on having a document specifically crafted for your business and product.
  • Options
    MeganTh43MeganTh43 subscriber Posts: 2 Member

In fact, yes, in this case, it is better not to use free templates but to use the help of lawyers to make a suitable template for your business.

Or you can google and find some paid templates made by competent lawyers, for this you will have to pay money, but they are not that big, because in the opposite case if you use a free template, it can lead to negative consequences for your business.

Here, for example, I found something like this https://lawrina.com/templates/business-pack/. I see that there are many templates here, and you may find something that suits you, or if you do not find the template you need here, then in such a case, it is better to contact lawyers for help. Because it is important, especially at the initial stage of the business, to do everything right on the legal side.

I hope I have helped you in some way. Thank you.