WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

our logo

dellecampbellsdellecampbells subscriber Posts: 11
edited October 2006 in Protecting Your Ideas
 Good day. we are worried that as our business grows our logo might be the target of theft since it is not trademarked. Does anyone know the cost and time it takes to get a logo and motto trade marked

Comments

• davennydavenny subscriber Posts: 2
    If you dont want to do any of the legal work yourself around $1-2 thousand dollars.  If you a pretty quick read and you are will to take the risk that you filed out the paper work yourself i believe it can be in the low hundreds.  Just paying all the filing and search fees.
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Delle,From what I know, its only 75.00 dollars if you file the paperwork yourself. Go to the USPTO web site link http://www.patentsmakesmoney.com</A>
    Tell him Edgar sent you.Nuevolution2006-10-24 1:17:26
  • pepperlegalpepperlegal subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Delle,The costs depend upon how many classes your logo and slogan fall in, and if they would constitute two separate trademarks.  It is also important to determine whether a federal registration is needed, or just a state-based one.  Lastly, a search is crucial to determine whether there are existing marks that may prevent your registration.I`d be happy to discuss the entire process with you in further detail.Cheers,Dan Pepper